crf230f jet problems

My crf230f bogs and studders under WOT. I have the Honda hop up kit with 132 main jet, full power needle clip on 5th notch, and 45 main jet. I'm running a k&n air filter with pro circuit t4 exhaust. I took the tip off the exhaust and it started sputtering under WOT and has not stopped since it started. If I put it half choke it doesn't sputter as bad. I also drilled holes in the airbox for more airflow so I'm guessing its running to lean. Somebody please help!

Oh and I ride at less than 500 ft elevation. So its close to sea level

Oh and I ride at less than 500 ft elevation. So its close to sea level

My crf230f bogs and studders under WOT. I have the Honda hop up kit with 132 main jet, full power needle clip on 5th notch, and 45 main jet. I'm running a k&n air filter with pro circuit t4 exhaust. I took the tip off the exhaust and it started sputtering under WOT and has not stopped since it started. If I put it half choke it doesn't sputter as bad. I also drilled holes in the airbox for more airflow so I'm guessing its running to lean. Somebody please help!

Have you adjusted your fuel screw? If not give this a try... http://www.thumperta...fuel-air-screw/

If that doesn't work for you, you might have to go up to a #48 pilot jet. I'm running a 120 main and a 45 pilot and is bogging on WOT. If I slow I don't slam the throttle, it does just fine, I'm not settling for that. I just got my 48 pilot in and maybe it will cure my problems. If I get a chance to put it in soon, I'll let you if it works for mine.

Edited by Grogg

The needle should be on the 3rd position. With the setup u have now it seems like it would be running rich on the 5th ( from the top) But most people on here will tell you that the power up kit lacks power. Mike Coe did dyno testing and found a 03 to 05 needle from a 230 with the clip on the 4 th position. And a 120 main 45-48 pilot depending on altitude and temp. Works a lot better. Remove the snorkel, uni air filter and remove the baffle from the exhaust or put on an after market pipe. This is the best setup. Search mike Coe versus power up it should come up ill bump it too.

The needle should be on the 3rd position. With the setup u have now it seems like it would be running rich on the 5th ( from the top) But most people on here will tell you that the power up kit lacks power. Mike Coe did dyno testing and found a 03 to 05 needle from a 230 with the clip on the 4 th position. And a 120 main 45-48 pilot depending on altitude and temp. Works a lot better. Remove the snorkel, uni air filter and remove the baffle from the exhaust or put on an after market pipe. This is the best setup. Search mike Coe versus power up it should come up ill bump it too.

+1 on everything.

Powerup kit is too rich to start, so the clip 2 notches further down would be rich enough to explain the problems you're having- except not sure why it seems better with the choke 1/2 on. I'd move the clip to middle slot first and see if your problems go away. Other than that, I'd recommend change to Coe jetting specs- much better all around.