Auto clutch

Got the EFM auto clutch back today. Unlike the old Revloc that was available, this clutch retains all the original disks.

EFM 1.jpg

EFM 2.jpg

The custom fabricated pressure plate attaches to the outer basket with 20 small machine bolts. They screw into holes tapped into your existing outer basket. As you can tell this makes the clutch assembly thicker than stock, so they include a gasket and custom spacer to account for this.

EFM Spacer and Gasket.jpg

EFM Spacer.jpg

They also include a bag with longer bolts for your clutch cover to mount using the new spacer. This bag also has additional shims and springs to fine tune the clutch to your liking.

EFM Bolts Shims and Springs.jpg

My bike is still at the mechanic having a full blown motor rebuild, so I will be dropping this off for him to install as he puts things back together. Hopefully I will have the bike back soon and be able to make any adjustments needed and give a full report of how this clutch works.

what's the total damage ($) ?

$695 + tax and shipping.

we're waiting..............................................................................................................................

Me too. the guy doing my motor got crushed with work this summer. I went in for a total knee replacement in June so I told him to put my bike on the back burner since I wouldn't be riding for a while. I didn't want him feeling rushed when he did my motor.

He is working on the motor now, but ran into a problem with the auto clutch. The spacer isn't thick enough and the outer cover won't go all the way on. I called EFM and they aren't sure what the problem could be, so I took some pictures and will shoot them off an e-mail. I may have to send the clutch back to them for some additional machine work on it.

It's been a crazy summer. This whole project seems to be never ending. Hopefully the issues will be rectified here in the next few weeks and I can get a few rides in before the snow flies in the mountains. The knee is ready, I am ready, the bike isn't.  :foul:

Me too. the guy doing my motor got crushed with work this summer. I went in for a total knee replacement in June so I told him to put my bike on the back burner since I wouldn't be riding for a while. I didn't want him feeling rushed when he did my motor.

He is working on the motor now, but ran into a problem with the auto clutch. The spacer isn't thick enough and the outer cover won't go all the way on. I called EFM and they aren't sure what the problem could be, so I took some pictures and will shoot them off an e-mail. I may have to send the clutch back to them for some additional machine work on it.

It's been a crazy summer. This whole project seems to be never ending. Hopefully the issues will be rectified here in the next few weeks and I can get a few rides in before the snow flies in the mountains. The knee is ready, I am ready, the bike isn't.  :foul:

LOL, isn't that the way it goes.  ;)

I sold my XR and have a Dynaring and brand new frictions and steal plates for sale if someone is still looking for one. I also have a set of wheels and the stock carb.

I sold my XR and have a Dynaring and brand new frictions and steal plates for sale if someone is still looking for one. I also have a set of wheels and the stock carb.

Ill take the dynaring. Sent you a pm

damn, beat me to it.

2nd dibs if he doens't buy.  ;)