enduro bike, which one?

Im looking for a good sized trail bike, 4 stroke. id love to hear your guys imput on which one is the best. by all means im not looking for a street legal,just an enduro bike with some power. any ideas?

Depending on terrian and what type of riding you do (Single track, fire roads, high elevation, etc) there are tons of good choices. KTM, Husaberg, Husky, even the new Yamaha WR450 - depends on your budget as TommyB mentioned and the type of riding you will be doing.

ktm's are really nice i hear, but wayy to much money for me, my max budget would be round 5000, im thinking 450's are too powerful for me, but ive never ridden one, i do all sorts of ridding, tight trails, fire roads, (i've never done high elevation)

im deffs not a 2 stroke guy, sorry, they have there place i know, but 4 stroke is what i need, and the huskys i haven't looked at, im going to do that now, are they typically good bikes?

A klx450r is a killer when set up right. I love mine in the woods. Lots of low end to mid power. And can become street legal depending on where you live.

and for trevor hart, i dont think they make these any more, but il have a check for a used one

You could afford a used KTM 250XCF, it would do exactly what your looking for. Also a 400xcw may be fitting also, they made them untill 2009? They feel much lighter then a 450. The YZF's are bulletproof and lots of aftermarket for them to make them more "enduro". Husky TCX250, and TE310 are other options .

Also being from the NW and a owner of a 450 and 250f I would rule out a 450 if you ride much tight singletrack, you don't need the power or the extra weight. If I had to have just one bike that was fourstroke, I actually would convert a 250f MX bike or go 250XCF, 350 if it was in my budget. Are you considering any MX bikes or are you set on something for trail work out of the box? Because most the current generation of 250f EFI mx bikes work pretty darn good offroad with some simple adjustments. But if not I would suggest 250xcf, 400xcw, TCX 250, TE 310, or a 250F EFI MX bike.

Both the CRF250X and WR250 do not impress me, choked up and require as much set up to wake up as a 250F MX bike takes to convert.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Edited by TommyB 754
  • Like 1

ok, ya ive had a look at the itms, im thinking they look awesome, i will just have to save up a bit longer/harder to be able to afford one, hows the reliability with them, i've heard they need constant maintenance but that could be very easily made up

ok, ya ive had a look at the itms, im thinking they look awesome, i will just have to save up a bit longer/harder to be able to afford one, hows the reliability with them, i've heard they need constant maintenance but that could be very easily made up

Same as any other bike, I have 150 hours on my ktm 450 and valves have not moved

I have to disagree with mr blahh(I liked you other name better megadeath or something). My buddy and I used to ride XR600's in Maine woods all day long with no problems. If you can ride, then you can ride. If you can't ride, then buy a bike that will make you THINK you can ride.

I have to disagree with mr blahh(I liked you other name better megadeath or something). My buddy and I used to ride XR600's in Maine woods all day long with no problems. If you can ride, then you can ride. If you can't ride, then buy a bike that will make you THINK you can ride.

sure I can do, do I want to? Hell no

I bought a used klx450r for well under book and went thru the whole thing. It was already setup with most of the necessities so I just freshened everything up (suspension and wheel bearings and carb rebuild). I am loving that thing more and more each ride. The bottom end power is intimidating at 1st, but like everything else, you eventually get used to it.

Best I can tell, the weight of a bike is pretty dependent on your body type. I am 6'-2" with decent leg length and upper body strength. I do not find the weight of the klx450r to be an issue at all for me. My past experiences on lighter 2 strokes left me with a top heavy rider + bike combo.