Sign in to follow this  

New 450?

I have a 2010 YZ450F and would like to buy a new bike. Yamaha has done nothing new to their 450's but is rumored to have some great new changes for 2014. I've had no issues with my bike since getting the suspension done at factory connection but feel the urge to switch to a KTM/Suzuki/Honda. I know the Kawasaki isn't for me. I've rode a few and I'll stick with my Yamaha before I buy a new Kaw. What do you all think?

It sounds like you don't really need a new bike since the Yamaha has been fine, so the rational advice would be to keep the Yamaha and save the cash for hookers and blow.

However, after a year or two, I get the itch to get something new & different (went from a 2009 KTM 250 XC to a 2012 KTM 450 SX-F to a 2013 KTM 150 SX), so if you can swing it financially, why the heck not?

I wouldn't hesitate to give the 2013 KTM 450 SX-F a shot. The e-start, brakes, and clutch will be a nice upgrade and the power is just stupid.

Hookers n blow it is...but when that's over I'd really like the KTM. I've heard so many great things about them! I'm just board with the Yamaha. I guess I could keep it, but I feel like I need a new challenge. I was hoping Yamaha would do something new for 13, but they didn't and I don't know if I'm willing to wait till 14 for the same let down. On the other hand a SX 150 sounds like a blast!

I am a 43 year old, 185 lb C rider and am actually a LOT faster on the 150 than I was on the 450. The 450 was just too much bike for me :).

Small 2 strokes make you feel faster than you are. On a 125/144 i feel faster than my 450 but im around 3 seconds faster on a 450 consistently.

Edited by dr11

Dr11 that makes sense. The small 2 strokes are a blast though. I just talked with the KTM dealer here in town. They have a 350sx for cheap...it's got my attention.