Blown head gasket?

I need help i just bought a 06 yz250f bike runs great.the other day i noticed coolant dripping from the over flow tube when i cracked the throttle more came out,i then found coolant in my oil so i assumed water pump seals so no big deal i replaced them the bike no longer leaks from the over flow but i still find coolant in the oil i have noticed a little white smoke but can anyone tell me if i need a new head gasket please?

I have not checked yet i will first thing tomorrow the only thing is that the bike starts and runs perfect do you know how bad this could hurt the engine? i plan on fixing it as soon as i find out whats truly wrong i just hope its not to far gone not looking for a whole rebuild.

I am losing coolant ,have not rode in water and i first noticed the milky oil when i drained the oil when i did the water pump seals but it seems like it almost got worse after i did that is their anyway it could be the impeler shaft?

I am losing coolant ,have not rode in water and i first noticed the milky oil when i drained the oil when i did the water pump seals but it seems like it almost got worse after i did that is their anyway it could be the impeler shaft?

Edited by jace98

I need help i just bought a 06 yz250f bike runs great.the other day i noticed coolant dripping from the over flow tube when i cracked the throttle more came out,i then found coolant in my oil so i assumed water pump seals so no big deal i replaced them the bike no longer leaks from the over flow but i still find coolant in the oil i have noticed a little white smoke but can anyone tell me if i need a new head gasket please?

Its a bad head gasket. Any time you have coolant being pushed out the overflow tube when you give it throttle (especially under load) this is typically the cause. What happens is cylinder pressure is leaking into the cooling system and over pressurizing the cooling system to the point that the pressure overcomes the radiator cap and forces coolant out the overflow tube.

Its a bad head gasket. Any time you have coolant being pushed out the overflow tube when you give it throttle (especially under load) this is typically the cause. What happens is cylinder pressure is leaking into the cooling system and over pressurizing the cooling system to the point that the pressure overcomes the radiator cap and forces coolant out the overflow tube.

Sometimes a bad radiator cap can piss coolant out the overflow as well. But I like your theory :ride:

It almost looks like an exhaust spring, if not, I doubt it belongs to the bike. There are no other springs on a bike that are like that. As for the dowel, be more careful man, you don't want something dropping into the bottom end, stuff clean rags around the connecting rod if you haven't already. For some reason I alway hear about head gaskets blowing on the Yamaha 250f's, mine did the same.