Sign in to follow this  

clutch disengagement

I Have A 03 And When Its Running I Can Pull In The Clutch And Shift And It Doesnt Stall But If I Go To Push The Bike When It Isnt Running And Its In Gear, Even When I Pull In The Clutch The Engine Still Turns Over, Should It Or Is It time For A New clutch

It JuMps Into First BuT I Think Thats The Oil Im Running But How Can I Bump Start It When It Drags Like That?

Get it rolling in neutral with the clutch pulled in throw your weight on it pull it up in 2nd and drop the clutch all at the same time. Sounds confusing but its easiest way to bump start them

Jetting Isnt Right, But Ordered A Jet Kit, And I Was Just Wondering

ok, there is a host of things wrong with your bike..

1. unless somebody did something extremely strange, even a fire breathing 60 hp beast runs and starts easy on the stock pilot jet. Guessing, Id say your starting problem is intake valve lash at zero.

2. The clutch basket is probably notched to death, and thats why the clutch doesnt disengage when you pull it in, because regardless of what you do with the pressure plate, the plates are all wedged together in the notches and cant float freely to disengage the way they should.

not only do you need a new clutch, but a new basket too, because when the basket gets notched, the tangs on the drive plates get hammered away too.

Basket Isnt Notched I Checked, Plates Look Okay, An Once The Bike Is Warm It Starts First Kick Or Even If Its Above 55 The Previous Own Tried To Jet It But Did A Poor Job

Basket Isnt Notched I Checked, Plates Look Okay, An Once The Bike Is Warm It Starts First Kick Or Even If Its Above 55 The Previous Own Tried To Jet It But Did A Poor Job