The team run the bikes for a maximum of 4 races before they get retired,the bikes get a rebuild from the ground up every event with no regard to cost.

Hi all,

is this true "

The team run the bikes for a maximum of 4 races before they get retired,the bikes get a rebuild from the ground up every event with no regard to cost"

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19da9022d3

thanks

Edited by bunnet

I've never heard of them just retiring bikes especially a full race team. They would probably destroy the bikes before they let the public have them lol. They do motor and suspention rebuilds every weekend but ive never heard of them retiring bikes. It would take WAY too long to recreate all the one off parts and do all the mods to a full factory bike every 4 races. I even saw on chad reeds instagram that he rebuilds the motors on his crf every 20 hrs. Smaller teams like eleven10 mods sells there past season race bikes but ive never heard of a full blown factory team selling their factory bikes. I could be wrong though and that is a very clean looking bike.

I've never heard of them just retiring bikes especially a full race team. They would probably destroy the bikes before they let the public have them lol. They do motor and suspention rebuilds every weekend but ive never heard of them retiring bikes. It would take WAY too long to recreate all the one off parts and do all the mods to a full factory bike every 4 races. I even saw on chad reeds instagram that he rebuilds the motors on his crf every 20 hrs. Smaller teams like eleven10 mods sells there past season race bikes but ive never heard of a full blown factory team selling their factory bikes. I could be wrong though and that is a very clean looking bike.

I have heard about this. The shop usually just use the stock suspension and motors and gets rid of the expendable items-- exhaust, plastic, clutch,etc. The team usually uses the same suspension for years on end, especially at the lites level. Im not quite sure about the motors. I know reeds team ditched his old bikes last year at the end of the season. Its more common for satellite teams to do it than factory. Someone else can chim in but I know this is not unheard of.

Yeah that makes sense that they would replace all the expendable items. I remember while walking around the pits at the 2011 southwick national and saw reed's mechanic replacing the muffler only after practice. He told me it gets blown out very quickly so they just replace them. I can see them changing plastic as I'm sure their sponsors don't want them running beat looking graphics. Does anybody know what they do with their gear and boots after their done with them? I cant imagine they are used very long at all.

Just imagine how much money all the teams spend. It's kind of ridiculous how much they rebuild them. 20 hours is nothing. I would like a piston out of one of their bikes though as a collector.

Yeah and thats 20 hours on a practice bike their race bikes get rebuilt after every national. If they see the bike smoking during a race or hear anything they just throw a new motor in like its nothing.