Sign in to follow this  

96 xr200 Kickstarter decompression cam position?

Reassembling my engine, and I'm wondering, which way does hump on the decomp cam on the kickstarter go, strait back?

I did mine a couple of months ago. I think there was a dot on the cam that lines up with the shaft which also has a dot on it. Then you have to hold it in the up position when you slide the cover back on. I think I removed the lever and tightened the bolt that holds the lever back down and then put tension on it when I slid the cover on. Then I removed the bolt and replaced the outside lever and bolt. The manual covers it but it is a bit vague. I think I did a search and looked at some previous post before I figured out how to do it.

I did mine a couple of months ago. I think there was a dot on the cam that lines up with the shaft which also has a dot on it. Then you have to hold it in the up position when you slide the cover back on. I think I removed the lever and tightened the bolt that holds the lever back down and then put tension on it when I slid the cover on. Then I removed the bolt and replaced the outside lever and bolt. The manual covers it but it is a bit vague. I think I did a search and looked at some previous post before I figured out how to do it.

That'll do it.

You turn the bolt CCW (off direction) while sliding the cover on.

The cover should close completely by hand, do not use case screws to close the gap!