Please excuse my ignorance..

I have just put a deposit on a 2013 450 SX-F so thought I would browse the forum, I usually lurk in the Honda XR area.. What is this year 13 and 13.5 are they different editions? is it just like car reg first & second half of the year they were made? How do you tell which is which? really sorry if this is the dumbest question in the world.

I have dished KTM's for years and after riding a friends 2011 450 SX F my mind was changed.. Looking forward to getting to grips with the 450 and getting some quality GoPro footage..

Also do you guy's think a steering damper is a worthy addition to the 450? and which is the best? SXS or a Scott's

I weigh in at 210lb kitted up, I'm not fat I just weigh a lot... Iv'e ordered the 6kg rear spring and believe I may need to up the oil in the forks any advice how much?

I'm an intermediate level rider/weekend warrior.. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Ride safe folks..

Edited by fasthands

I think people refer to the Dungey Factory addition 13' model as a 13.5, because it came later than the standard 2013.

I've got a regular 13' SXF, and you'll love it. Mucho power everywhere, but very easy to ride. I wouldn't worry much about a damper...the bike is super stable at speed unless your going Mach 5.

The 13.5 Factory Edtion is just a special run of the 13 model with some extra bits (orange powder coated frame, akropovic silencer, red bull graphics, black excels, holeshot device, etc) and serial number (only 550 will be built). Also a couple of minor mechanical changes - kick starter boss is removed from engine case and new/heavier clutch spring (which you can buy from the dealer anyway).'

Forks are somewhat harsh as delivered. You might find them to your liking after a spring change. They weren't too bad but I ended up having mine revalved after about 10 hours or so.

The 13.5 Factory Edtion is just a special run of the 13 model with some extra bits (orange powder coated frame, akropovic silencer, red bull graphics, black excels, holeshot device, etc) and serial number (only 550 (555) will be built). Also a couple of minor mechanical changes - kick starter boss is removed from engine case and new/heavier clutch spring (which you can buy from the dealer anyway).'

Forks are somewhat harsh as delivered. You might find them to your liking after a spring change. They weren't too bad but I ended up having mine revalved after about 10 hours or so.

Sorry had to do it. Fify

Thank's guys for clearing that up for me... Also thanks for the advice regards the steering damper, I can buy some more Gucci parts instead..LOL Got to have a bit of bling!!!

Getting the full Akrapovic with the deal.

parts I'm thinking of getting are.

Stepped seat

Skid plate

Front disc guard

Rear disc guard (the black alloy one)

Rear preload adjuster

Folding levers

Pivot pegs

Rear brake res capacity extender

Radiator guards (alloy ones)

Any suggestions on must have upgrades/add on parts?

Hour meter

Ohlins suspension, best $$$ ive ever spent on my 13 450sxf

Hour meter

Yep forgot that on the list..but I have made sure the dealer puts one one before doing anything else!

Ohlins suspension, best $$$ ive ever spent on my 13 450sxf

I wish I could afford to!!

I wish I could afford to!!

Put some money aside for a suspension tuner then. Definitely needs it.

U can get the wp to work fine, mx tech did a great job on my 12 but the ohlins really spoiled me, luv it!

Going to pick up the bike tomorrow.. :ride: going through the powerparts brochure right now choosing some bling..

Sent my suspension off to Tillit today, Darren there is really helpful and has told me he can get the fork and shock sorted no problem..I am surprised KTM/WP have made such a cock up of the set up/internals, manufacturers should have things like this dialed by now..

I had to put the 6kg spring on for my lard arse which made the rebound damping virtually non existent, and the forks were just terrible..

I am still trying to get used to the 4 speed g/box and fitted 13/51 sprockets which seems to be a lot better.. I can't wait to see how the bike feels with the suspension sorted.. Everything else about the bike I love...

Sent my suspension off to Tillit today, Darren there is really helpful and has told me he can get the fork and shock sorted no problem..I am surprised KTM/WP have made such a cock up of the set up/internals, manufacturers should have things like this dialed by now..

I had to put the 6kg spring on for my lard arse which made the rebound damping virtually non existent, and the forks were just terrible..

I am still trying to get used to the 4 speed g/box and fitted 13/51 sprockets which seems to be a lot better.. I can't wait to see how the bike feels with the suspension sorted.. Everything else about the bike I love...

4 speed???????

Yea EU models have 4 speed trannys..