Elkins Flat Saturday 4-20-13

California

Anyone out Elkins/Gold Note way this Saturday?

I'll be out and about that area.

:thumbsup:

Next time!

Yeah me and a buddy are going to stage around the 5 corners area. Should be there around 10am. Only plan we had was to ride from 35 in pipi area and take 36 up to Elkins flat area. Wouldn't mind doing a couple good loop rides.

Mr. Appendage lives 20 minutes from Elkins. He knows that hill like the back of his hand. If you can, look for him, I used to think Elkins Flat was kinda flat.

Then he showed me a few trails. Almost killed me. (Show 'em that hill of death) ;)

Yeah been in a couple trails up there that got pretty gnarly. Fun but sketchy.

i cant do the sunday ride, but can probably make it to elkins saturday......rode with you once up there Eldorado 650, its always nice riding with someone who knows the place well.

i cant do the sunday ride, but can probably make it to elkins saturday......rode with you once up there Eldorado 650, its always nice riding with someone who knows the place well.

If you are up at 5 corners then you and Tford713 can all meet up for a good loop.

Did a 99.8 mile loop last Saturday - it was awesome.

I might be able to head out Saturday too. I won't know till tomorrow though.

Tford where are you coming from, I thought I remember seeing you were from the east bay. (I'm in Discovery Bay). Any interest in carpooling?

Let me know what you guys are driving and riding so when I get to 5 corners I can see you.

I will be riding the beat to Hell XR650L.

Runs great - just been through a lot.

Were coming up from lodi not the Bay Area sorry. We will be in a single cab Chevy silverado and both are riding yz426f's that also look beat up but run awesome.

Wish I could make it , a couple more weekends and I am there.

sunday?

Sundays are out for me for a while.

I am building my wife a Jeep and we just finished fabricating the frame and

installed the running gear and am now wiring for fuel injection.

It is a long process - so I keep Saturdays to ride and Sundays for that.

Still2Smokin - hurry up.

It will be dusty up there real soon.

Still not sure if I can go, I promised my wife one day we would go water skiing, she still isn't sure what day she prefers.

If I do go I will be in a Silverado crew cab with a yz250f.

I will be trolling around 5 corners at 10:00 am.

I will be riding from my house and will have a couple of hours in when I get there.

Once there, we can decide what routes we want to see.

Now I want to go to Elkins again! Damn. It just ain't fair!

:foul: :foul: :foul:

Take 'em to The Hill of Death! Going UP is a no brainer, you'll never make it. I've never seen anyone make it. Ever. It's going DOWN that puts hair on your chest! I wanna hear the carnage report. Pictures! Pictures!

Oh, I can hear it now...................... we didn't go......................... it was too far................... it was too hot................... the sun was in my eyes! I did it but I forgot to take any pictures! :p:lol:

Edited by superslyko

Tford,

If I do go, you and your friend are more than welcome to jump in my truck. I head thru Lodi on my way up the hill.

I will be trolling around 5 corners at 10:00 am.

I will be riding from my house and will have a couple of hours in when I get there.

Once there, we can decide what routes we want to see.

Sounds good with me!

Tford,

If I do go, you and your friend are more than welcome to jump in my truck. I head thru Lodi on my way up the hill.

Let me know if you are going 4sure or not. If not no biggie we go up every other weekend! I'm sure we can work sumthin out another time!

Wanted to make this one badly but my ridin partner is working on Saturday and we will head to Gtown with Mister Slyko on Sunday. Hope to hook up with you next time, enjoy.