Sign in to follow this  

Step back in time

My 450 exc is in the shop getting some mods done. I was left riding my backup bike, wr400. I am amazed it the difrence between the two bikes. Before I got this ktm I felt the WR was the cats meow. Now I'm left wondering why I keep it for a backup bike. The thing feels heavy and pushes the front end hard in the corners. The ktm has me spoiled

• Like 1

Well yeah!!! You are comparing a Porsche to a Cement Mixer! The EXC is in a league WAY above a WR400. Now the new WR450's are a pretty nice bike I have to admit. But I'd still take a KTM over it any day. Just my .02

Yes the gap between the bikes is huge. The difrence has got me thinking about the gap between the 450 and the 300?

Yes the gap between the bikes is huge. The difrence has got me thinking about the gap between the 450 and the 300?

Next year I plan on getting a KTM 300. But... It will be an addition not a replacement of my 450. Craving some 2 stroke fun.

I plan on doing the same. I need a bike with a license plate. From what I have read on this forum is that the difrence in bike control from the 450 to the 300 is similar to the difrence between the 450 and a wr400. I can't imagine what that would be like, but I will know someday.

I plan on doing the same. I need a bike with a license plate. From what I have read on this forum is that the difrence in bike control from the 450 to the 300 is similar to the difrence between the 450 and a wr400. I can't imagine what that would be like, but I will know someday.

Agree! Here in Arizona I would like to have the 300 for the tight singletrack riding. But in the open desert the 450 is my weapon of choice.

• Like 1

Jeez. My advice to you is *not* to try a new 350, then. I bought one. The new 350's will make your 450's feel very heavy, and thick. I can not believe how light and nimble bikes feel these days. I was afraid that the new KTM 350 was going to feel like my old Husky TE410 - Nope. Not even close. For the past 10 years, I could never find a bike that suited my riding better than a simple KDX200. They are (were) light, plate-able (with minor work), and had enough power and suspension to get the job done. My new 350 is street legal off the floor, and yet feels lighter and more nimble than my trusty KDX.

Of course, I could have bought 3 *Nice* KDX200's for what I paid for this 350, but you only live once.... The new KTM's are simply Magic.