Sign in to follow this  

Dynojet needle with Mikuni Main jet compatibility

Hello, I know this topic has probably been beat to death, I did a search but couldn't find the answer for my specific question, so here it goes.

I purchased a 08 DRZ400sm a year ago, it came with a full RS2 exhaust, with the 3x3 mod and DJ stage 2 kit already installed.

I just took the carb apart last night and found that it is a 22.5 pilot jet and a 155 DJ main jet. It has the stock fuel screw so I have already purchased a 25 pilot jet, I also purchased a 160 Mikuni Main jet.

I noticed the JD main jet is a bit different looking then the 160 Mikuni Main jet, so my question is, will a 160 Mikuni Main jet work with a DJ needle installed?

I noticed a 160 seems to be what people are recomending for the JD jet kit, I'm just wondering in the Mikuni 160 jet would work well with the DJ needle which is in the 2 clip from the top.

Im at about 600 feet above sea level, temp range is anywhere from 18c to 30c

any advice is much appreciated

Edited by Run-Forest-Run

Dynojet main jets and Mikuni main jets can be swapped out one for one......i.e. a 160 mikuni can be swapped for a 160 DJ

Sweet, thank you much Craigo that's what I was hoping. Just to verify, would a 160 mj be a good choice for a full RS2 "fully open" exhaust with the 3x3 mod? It seems to run good with the 155 DJ-mj, I'm just wondering if it would benefit going to a 160.

Thanks again.

with open pipe use the 160, if you stick a cork in it , run a 155...

Generally air fuel readings indicate the 160 is the better choice , though there are often variations due to variable flow rates of different open pipes and atmospheric conditions....