Sign in to follow this  

'13 CRF230F Fuel Screw

Bought the wife a 2013 CRF320F for Christmas. At the time I bought the bike we lived in Colorado and the dealership jetted the bike. We recently moved to Tucson, AZ so obviously a re-jet was in order. I ordered up the Power Up Kit and a remote fuel screw to allow for easy adjustments. Got the power up kit installed, opened up the air box, and removed the baffle from the exhaust, no problem, but the fuel screw in the carb is completely round unlike previous years where some used a flat head screw or the "D" shaped screw. WTH!! How do I get this thing out so I can install the adjustable screw? I gave it a few heroic tries but I did not want to damage the carb in the process.

Bought the wife a 2013 CRF320F for Christmas. At the time I bought the bike we lived in Colorado and the dealership jetted the bike. We recently moved to Tucson, AZ so obviously a re-jet was in order. I ordered up the Power Up Kit and a remote fuel screw to allow for easy adjustments. Got the power up kit installed, opened up the air box, and removed the baffle from the exhaust, no problem, but the fuel screw in the carb is completely round unlike previous years where some used a flat head screw or the "D" shaped screw. WTH!! How do I get this thing out so I can install the adjustable screw? I gave it a few heroic tries but I did not want to damage the carb in the process.

I've not looked at a 2013 models mixture screw...is it possible you are looking at the factory limiter cap that must be carefully drilled and extracted first to gain access to the mixture screw?

Tech25

Edited by Tech25

That is totally possible!! Could you elaborate on that some more?? Thanks in advance!!

Rather than explain the process, this is something I just pulled off of youtube. It pretty much shows the procedure required to remove the factory limiter cap/plug.

Tech25

• Like 1

Rather than explain the process, this is something I just pulled off of youtube. It pretty much shows the procedure required to remove the factory limiter cap/plug.

Tech25

Fantastic! Thank you! I'm a KTM guy and they don't pull this crap lol!! I'll drill the cap out tomorrow.