Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust Flange Insert for 2005 FMF Power Bomb?

Hey guys,

I just picked up a used FMF Factory 4 pipe with Power Bomp header pipe for my 2005 RMZ 250. Only problem is that it seems to be missing a piece where the header meets the exhaust outlet on the cylinder head. I think there is supposed to be a steel cylinder type insert in addition to the springs that hold it in place but I don't have that. I can find replacement flange kits for 07-09 and newer but not for the 2004-2006 years.

I have already sent an email to the seller on ebay to ask him to look on the parts bike for it and one to FMF to see if they sell one for the 2005 but I haven't heard back from either yet.

Here the new FMF next to the stock, you can see the ends are different, the FMF has springs rather than the bolted setup.

IMAG1557_zpsbf15ba0c.jpg?t=1366251273

Does anyone know if the 2007 parts will fit by chance? Or other options I have?

Here's a link to the parts for the 2007:

http://www.ebay.com/...4ef9a7e&vxp=mtr

Thanks very much for any helpful advice here!

60 views and no input? I have tried searching high and low for this part for the 2005 year and had no luck at all. I am trying to see if the size and shape of the later pipes or maybe the Kawi pipes are the same?

Just got off the phone with FMF and they said the part # 040658 is the correct part #, this is the listed part for the '04-11 Kawasaki KX250F.

I ordered it now so it should be here early next week and I'll follow up to verify fitment.

Thanks for all the help guys!!