Does your 2013 front brake kind of suck? No bike bashing

I love my new ride, but damn, the front brake is less than good. My 09 brake was way better. Anyone experiencing poor stopping power? What have you done to fix, or what new parts, rotors are good?

CRFStuf Blade rotor and a steel braided brake line.

Should feel just as good as any of the last 5 years CRF's. Don't think any changes took place in brake area. Mine feels same as 08. Did you clean the factory rust inhibitor crap off before you rode it?

Edited by susco64

I would start with a braided line , fresher fluid and get ALL the air out .

get the forks more plush on small stuff and the brake will feel much better

Thanks, I rode it yesterday, and it was mushy. Bike has 6.2 hours on it. I'll start with bleeding it.

Bleed is good but also put some decent fluid in there. That will make a nice difference. Cam.

What is the hot brake fluid these days?

Edited by DCamp

Thanks, I rode it yesterday, and it was mushy. Bike has 6.2 hours on it. I'll start with bleeding it.

I get the mushy feel too, not all the time though. think I will do a line and fluid.

I love my new ride, but damn, the front brake is less than good. My 09 brake was way better. Anyone experiencing poor stopping power? What have you done to fix, or what new parts, rotors are good?

DC, on my 12, both brakes felt a little mushy when it was brand new. Did a quick bleed on them and it squared them right away. I attribute it to either poor bleeding at the factory or from the bike sitting on a boat or in a wharehouse a long time.

I have been real happy with the Belray DOT4. Good temp specs and not too expensive. I put it in all my bikes from new, street and dirt.

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I bled the brake, feels good up at the lever, but I'm just not getting the same stopping power I am used to. Looks like I'll be trying out a steel line next.

The reason your 09 brake felt better is because you were much slower on the 09 than the 13. And didn't require as much braking power.

Actually all the parts are the same between the bikes so in theory you should be able to get it as good.

The reason your 09 brake felt better is because you were much slower on the 09 than the 13. And didn't require as much braking power.

Actually all the parts are the same between the bikes so in theory you should be able to get it as good.

This theory is very possible lol! I had some good results this past weekend on the new bike at my first race of 2013. Even pulled a holeshot my first moto!

Finished the day 2nd overall on the 2013 CRF450. I love this bike!!