Time to mod a 2012 DRZ-400s

2012 DRZ400S ~650 miles

Dunlop D606's

Vector Trail Monitor (Temperature/ Tach)

Looking to give the bike a little more get up and go..

I am swaying between the 3x3 Mod/ JD Kit or go ahead with the FCR 39 conversion with Head pipe upgrade

The bike is worked 80% off road and 20% OTR

Majority of my riding ia 0-1500' ASL with a couple of trips planned later this year where I will be 4500-9800' ASL

I run non-ethanol (Rec 90) 95% of the time and Premium 93 E-10 when Rec 90 is not available, ambient temps 90% of the time are 80-90F with the a few trips where -10-55F will be expericed

Any thoughts/suggestions/ critcism welcomed...I have been riding since the 70's and just got back into offroad adventure riding...and I am no longer 185# either....

TIA

Edited by Bull Island Flats

I would say if you are thinking about the FCR just go for it. I also would just go MRD/SSW

I did the MRD/SSW with stock carb made a difference and when i added the FCR big improvement (even not running correctly). Cant wait to get it back from epic tuned the right way

But GL with what ya decide to do

3x3 and jet kit will help the bike run the way it should, but not huge noticble power change. If you want the noticeable power, FCR and MRD.

80 % off road ?

Set up the suspension , spring rates , sag , valving

Yea , do some motor work but focus on handling .

80 % off road ?

Set up the suspension , spring rates , sag , valving

Yea , do some motor work but focus on handling .

Sag, spring rates and valving already done, its like riding a Barcalounger off road some days...

This will do it for you.... http://www.epicmotos...oductId=-399851

Nice package, however looking at bolt ons only as the bike hase a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty; dealer included the additional 4 years for free to close the deal...

Edited by Bull Island Flats

Sag, spring rates and valving already done, its like riding a Barcalounger off road some days...

:thumbsup:

Nice package, however looking at bolt ons only as the bike hase a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty; dealer included the additional 4 years for free to close the deal...

Do all the fixes outlined in the FAQ , warranty not required

Ever considered a 462 stroker ? ... Do it ... Do it .... And laugh