Sign in to follow this  

Some parts questions - 2007 DRZ400S

Finally got my used 2007 DRZ400S and have added a bunch of upgrades. A few questions:

1. Added ProTaper Fat Bars CR High with Tusk 7/8" to 1 1/8" adaptors. Per forum chat, the only way I could get throttle cables to be long enough, was to turn throttle down. Don't really like as it makes the front brake lever be at too high an angle. Who makes a longer push/pull throttle cable setup that is similar to stock? Any idea how long the cables should be over stock length?

2. Previous owner cut spark arrestor out after doing 3x3 mod. Want to have the spark arrestor - anyone have one from an old exhaust system where it has not been cut from the end cap and wants to sell it?

Thanks!

For spark arrestor, go to walmart, buy a sink strainer for $1.99, and stick it between the end cap and the muffler, then tighten down the 3 screws, boom, spark arrestor, that is what i did to me stocker.

• Like 2

Have you tried routing the throttle cables on the right side of the steering head?

No, did not think to re-route. Do you run the cables under the right side of the gas tank? (Sorry bike is at a friends so can't check now)

Yes. Right of the steering head down under the right side of the gas tank. There is also the KTM method where the throttle cables route behind the handle bars not in front. I have not tried that.

I took your advice and removed the tank and pulled the throttle cables from the left side back over to the right. It worked real well as you can see from the pics. Routed it just above the clutch cable. We did dremel a little material from the plastic headlight cover at the top and in the middle on the back side to make the cable routing more arc like. No problems with the snap back in the throttle!

photo 1-2.JPG

photo 2-2.JPG

photo 3-3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 1-3.JPG

photo 2-3.JPG

Finally got my used 2007 DRZ400S and have added a bunch of upgrades. A few questions:

1. Added ProTaper Fat Bars CR High with Tusk 7/8" to 1 1/8" adaptors. Per forum chat, the only way I could get throttle cables to be long enough, was to turn throttle down. Don't really like as it makes the front brake lever be at too high an angle. Who makes a longer push/pull throttle cable setup that is similar to stock? Any idea how long the cables should be over stock length?

2. Previous owner cut spark arrestor out after doing 3x3 mod. Want to have the spark arrestor - anyone have one from an old exhaust system where it has not been cut from the end cap and wants to sell it?

Thanks!

If you're not in a huge hurry, I have an MRD/SSW on the way and will be pulling off my unmolested stock pipe in the next week or so. The cap is yours for the cost of shipping.

• Like 1

If you're not in a huge hurry, I have an MRD/SSW on the way and will be pulling off my unmolested stock pipe in the next week or so. The cap is yours for the cost of shipping.

Yes, that would be great - I sent you a pm- no rush, let me know....thanks!