520 EXC Front Brake Cable routing

Sorry for the dumb post but recently my Trail Tech computer cable ripped in two.

It was mounted properly (zip-tyed to front brake cable etc) and worked for years. Had some work done recently so I'm not sure of proper routing.

I noticed both cables were IN FRONT of the #plate (headlight). Should the cable(s) be on the INSIDE of the rubber straps or on the OUTSIDE?

I took some pics to show how it is currently routed now.

KTM.jpg

See the groove on the tab caused by the cable?

I think it also snags my GPS when I have that mounted.

So do you guys have it mounted like this, do you get any wear? I looks like it will eventually wear thru.

KTM2.jpg

I think I saw that and thought it was wrong so I put it on the outside of the rubber strap but that led to my TT cable getting ripped in two. It ends up in front of the headlight housing like this:

43.jpg

Thanks

Edited by G-Man

Outside the number plate/headlight is correct.

Outside the number plate/headlight is correct.

Thanks for the info. but it contradicts what someone else had said...

Now I'm really confused....

Anyone else? :jawdrop:

Thanks for the info. but it contradicts what someone else had said...

Now I'm really confused....

Anyone else? :jawdrop:

The way the cable is routed in the below pic is how it came from the factory.

IMG_20130418_122957.jpg

For the older style headlight like you show on your bike, it should go behind the light and to the inside of the strap like on your 1st 2 pics. That way it is straight in line with the bottom cable guide. I have the same light with a TT sensor cable attached. Over the front is putting a lot of flex on that cable.

Sorry for the dumb post but recently my Trail Tech computer cable ripped in two.

It was mounted properly (zip-tyed to front brake cable etc) and worked for years. Had some work done recently so I'm not sure of proper routing.

I noticed both cables were IN FRONT of the #plate (headlight). Should the cable(s) be on the INSIDE of the rubber straps or on the OUTSIDE?

I took some pics to show how it is currently routed now.

KTM.jpg

See the groove on the tab caused by the cable?

I think it also snags my GPS when I have that mounted.

So do you guys have it mounted like this, do you get any wear? I looks like it will eventually wear thru.

KTM2.jpg

I think I saw that and thought it was wrong so I put it on the outside of the rubber strap but that led to my TT cable getting ripped in two. It ends up in front of the headlight housing like this:

Thanks

For the older style headlight like you show on your bike, it should go behind the light and to the inside of the strap like on your 1st 2 pics. That way it is straight in line with the bottom cable guide. I have the same light with a TT sensor cable attached. Over the front is putting a lot of flex on that cable.

Thanks--that's the info I needed. :ride: