Sign in to follow this  

Spark arrestor for my 2006 400s?

So apparently you need one of these things to ride off road in Illinois and I'm just not exactly sure which one to get? Or what one is legal or whatever the &%$#@! out here..Can you guys link me a cheap "legal" so I can ride off road Spark Arrestor. It'd be greatly appreciated, and do you have to reject after you put this thing on? Thanks a lot!

Bike: 2006 DRZ400s, exhaust stock, carb stock.

Look for a used muffler on ebay or Craigslist. But if your gonna do that you might as well spend a little extra on a used aftermarket slip on. Getting the jd jet kit is worth it.

Yea but I'd rather just buy what I need.

The sink strainer from wal mart is pretty much identical to the USFS approved FMF spark arrestor in my buddy's drz.

i ride OHV spots almost every weekend, when i had the stocker with that arrestor in it, never a issue.

All they do is shove a stick in there, and look for it to be stopped by something, they might look down the pipe with a flashlight, then they see the screen, that is all.

The sink strainer from wal mart is pretty much identical to the USFS approved FMF spark arrestor in my buddy's drz.

i ride OHV spots almost every weekend, when i had the stocker with that arrestor in it, never a issue.

All they do is shove a stick in there, and look for it to be stopped by something, they might look down the pipe with a flashlight, then they see the screen, that is all.

That great work Ron.. :worthy: ..improvisation at it's best..lol....the OP won't find a cheaper solution , unless he is donated something for free..... :huh:

• Like 1

That great work Ron.. :worthy: ..improvisation at it's best..lol....the OP won't find a cheaper solution , unless he is donated something for free..... :huh:

im just trying to help him out, its $1.99, compared to $30 bucks for the FMF one, compared to even more buying a whole pipe.

All it is, is screen to stop the sparks.

im just trying to help him out, its $1.99, compared to $30 bucks for the FMF one, compared to even more buying a whole pipe.

All it is, is screen to stop the sparks.

I think it's a wonderful idea, and being the dude I am building old Harley I do that kinda sketchy shit all the time. As long as it will work I'm cool with it. I don't wanna drive my bike out 3 hours to this park and them be like " oh yea you can't ride here cause you don't have an oem whatever the &%$#@!" It's appreciated thanks a lot!

• Like 1

New OEM ones can be purchased from any dealer, along with the corect gasket. Thing is, it is not in the DRZ parts book, it is the the LTZ Quad one.

If a park ranger determines your spark arrestor is not an approved one, he can stop you from riding. So a screen does not an arresstor make.