ride engineering lowering link question

hey guys ive bought one of these lowering links and had my suspension race tech revalved and im confused about the sag numbers..

race tech reccomends 7mm preload on the shock and this puts me around 40mm static and 112ish race sag, but where im confused

does that mean because the link lowers the rear 6mm would that put me at 34 static and 106 race sag??

ps: my local track is sand

Thanks

hey guys ive bought one of these lowering links and had my suspension race tech revalved and im confused about the sag numbers..

race tech reccomends 7mm preload on the shock and this puts me around 40mm static and 112ish race sag, but where im confused

does that mean because the link lowers the rear 6mm would that put me at 34 static and 106 race sag??

ps: my local track is sand

Thanks

SAG is always SAG. What bike is it?

Around 102-107 where mid 105 is optimal on 450 KTM 2013, same on 250 and 350. You can use 10mm preload without problem, even 11-12 but not more.

It's a 2012 350 sxf, thanks for the info also what are signs of running to much preload?

It's a 2012 350 sxf, thanks for the info also what are signs of running to much preload?

Backend dancing around under you, bike kicking up and sideways and also of course the shock will not work optimal since the spring is to soft ones passing through the first part of the stroke in the spring. You only tension the first part of the stroke (ride height) with preload, and not the complete spring.

great thanks alot for the info!!