Sign in to follow this  

S model front brake upgrade

I have two sets of wheels for my drz400s, one for dirt and one for commuting. I use the bike mainly for commuting. I'd love to have a set of 17" wheels mainly for the street tires and much improved braking.

I'm thinking that I could improve the braking on my current 18/21 wheel setup if I add a larger sm style rotor and a caliper relocation bracket to the front wheel.

Any suggestions on which rotor/relocation bracket to use?

Also interested in upgrading the front caliper and master cylinder. Are there any caliper/MC setups off of other bikes that would be good for the S model upgrade, or what would be a good reasonably priced new setup?

It'll be easier for me to upgrade to the 17" wheelset if I do it a bit at a time instead of laying out all the cash at once.

Thanks for any help or advice.

A simple and low cost upgrade is to use a Suzuki Katana ( or other Suzuki 14mm master cylinders) master... (I picked one up off eBay for $20.00 and I have put almost 30K miles on it so far)

Here is a link http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1014835-drz-sm-brake-upgrade-questions/page__hl__+katana%20+master#entry10665573

You can also search "Katana master"