Drz?

Hey Dr-zed people. Ive been riding my RMZ250 since it was new in 2006. And before that a LTZ400. Im looking to having some road fun and wanted to know some of the main issues with the drz. Ive been lurking around the drz fourms and I love how much you guys just adore this bike! It seems like it isn't just some machine... its more than that to you all... So there must be a pretty good reason for that! Could you guys give me an idea of the pros and cons to this bike? Im looking at the '13 sm to be specific. Thanks guys!!

i just got my 13' last week.. first bike ever! absolutely love it... have yet to find any cons other than i wish i had more money to spend on aftermarket parts!!! been wanting to get into the motorcycle world for a while and finally did and it is a blast definitely a fun bike! i have ridden my brothers sport bike before (yamaha r6) didnt ride it a whole lot but damn this DRZ is without a doubt 10x funner than that thing could ever be! Ill let you know if i find any cons...

Hey Dr-zed people. Ive been riding my RMZ250 since it was new in 2006. And before that a LTZ400. Im looking to having some road fun and wanted to know some of the main issues with the drz. Ive been lurking around the drz fourms and I love how much you guys just adore this bike! It seems like it isn't just some machine... its more than that to you all... So there must be a pretty good reason for that! Could you guys give me an idea of the pros and cons to this bike? Im looking at the '13 sm to be specific. Thanks guys!!

I only have an e model, but it has been a fun and reliable trailbike for me. I've had it for two years and put 800-900 off road miles per year on the bike. If you want to ride more and maintenance the bike less this is the ride for you. Be sure and check out the locktite fixes at the top of the forum, they are necessary.

Go for it, great bikes, you will love it.

Compared to your RMZ the SM is heavy and has only modest power in standard trim for a 400...

Though low maintenance costs may offset it's 33 ish HP...

The bike has no real issues unless maintenance is neglected, as with most bikes..

My advice would to take an sm for good test ride and form your own opinion....I would be rare for a DRZ owner to sit here and bag their own bike....

Yeah , I don't think a RMZ can even be compared to the DRZ , the RMZ has snap , very responsive , decent suspension . Very slim , great handling . :blah:

Maintenance is NOT a issue. To give you an idea im still running the original top end on my '06 rmz250. And I don't take it easy on it. They aren't as powerful as im hoping for? or Do the just need to be free'd up? i.e. exhaust, jets, filter so on?

Maintenance is NOT a issue. To give you an idea im still running the original top end on my '06 rmz250. And I don't take it easy on it. They aren't as powerful as im hoping for? or Do the just need to be free'd up? i.e. exhaust, jets, filter so on?

Engine mods are available if you need more grunt.....

Anything from a basic JD Jet to a fully bombed big bore stroker are potentially available to meet your power needs........with cams ,Fcr carb, +1mm valves, high compression piston, SSW/MRD full exhaust..etc to fill the gap between the two opposing ends of the scale..

The 50 hp kit from Epic is a popular choice for some and the 60 hp kit for the power freaks.. :crazy::D .lol

http://www.epicmotos...catalogId=-2183