Washing

how many people are out there like me that wash there bike after every ride with soap and water

I wash it after every ride with simple green and water

I wash it after every ride with simple green and water

every single time........no way i will show up at the track if is not complete clean.............i go NUTS when my son in law shows up with dirty bike at the track........... :banghead::naughty: .

Yeah. You see people with a years worth of dirt, mud, and grass on their bike. Makes me cringe.

Yeah. You see people with a years worth of dirt, mud, and grass on their bike. Makes me cringe.

Those are the bikes that all of a sudden become squeaky clean right before they get posted on craigslist with the phrases like "hardly ridden", "like new", "religiously maintained" in the ad.

Those are the bikes that all of a sudden become squeaky clean right before they get posted on craigslist with the phrases like "hardly ridden", "like new", "religiously maintained" in the ad.

Well maintained. Trail Ridden, Never Beaten. :banghead::foul::lame:

Shout and a garden hose is all I've ever needed! I buy it by the gallon at Sam's club and keep it handy. Stuff is amazing. Gotta watch simple green on aluminum and cast metals. If you rinse it off quick enough you have nothing to worry about, but if you leave it on too long it can and will damage the metal.

Before...

photobucket-13673-1319632627355.jpg

photobucket-14563-1319632763634.jpg

Sprayed down with shout, sit for 5 mins, spray with a garden hose

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

No scrubbing involved and saves damaging seals with a pressure washer.

Edited by BDubb106

It depends on how hard I ride it and if it gets dirty. If my bike gets really muddy I wash it after riding with a hose and a scrub brush.

Isn't there already a thread about this?

I wash the bike thoroughly after each ride. Armor-All the plastics, which not only looks great, but provides a film between mud and dirt and makes it much easier to wash. Take care of the bike, it'll take care of you. Some people say washing doesn't really affect performance, which is probably true for the most part, but I like a clean bike.

Edited by RAGEman

My dad used to own a carwash so we have tons of soaps from that and they work good.

My bike starts like ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366292482.099816.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366292504.757222.jpg

Then washed like ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366292567.616383.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366292628.710398.jpg

Finished like ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366292656.466806.jpg

Then ready to go get the holeshot again ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366292682.013235.jpg

Starts like this....(not really that dirty, but dusty)

WP_000503_zps81d77a8b.jpg

Ends like this:

IMG_0654_zps65c0388e.jpg

IMG_0651_zps84826790.jpg

Edited by RAGEman

snapppp

My old bike. I dont have any before and after of my new one.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366293630.043681.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1366293698.597429.jpg

Wash after every ride is a must! I can't even wait until the day after the ride I just can't walk by it in the garage if its dirty.. Too much invested to not care about it.

1.Rinse

2.Simple Green

3.Rinse

4.Drip Dry

5. WD40 everywhere but seat/pegs/grips

The 05 still shines like a 2012 :)

Isn't there already a thread about this?

I wash the bike thoroughly after each ride. Armor-All the plastics, which not only looks great, but provides a film between mud and dirt and makes it much easier to wash. Take care of the bike, it'll take care of you. Some people say washing doesn't really affect performance, which is probably true for the most part, but I like a clean bike.

maybe but i who cares

huh

huh
huh what

HUH I WHAT

I wash it when it needs it....

At the very minimum I get all the caked up mud and dirt off of it and rinse the rest and then after a couple rides I really clean it using a pressure washer for tough stuff and a garden hose around weak stuff like seals and around the motor and then I break out the windex and get those nice black kawasaki rims nice and shiny