Sign in to follow this  

Gordon mods/dynojet carb

Hi!!

I am doing the gordon mods but I have some doubts about the jets.

For what i read I should use the 160 mainjet and 60 pilotjet. Yesterdey I dismounted my carb, I have de 162 and 55 can I keep the 162 or it will do a big diference? I leave near the sea

Now, I went to Honda and they asked for the 2 jets about 30 dollars, which I thought was too much. Should I in stead put a dynojet kit if I can find one?

Thanks

I'd say it depends on how you ride. Do you use your bike for street or trail or both? If the type riding you do hardly ever has you above 3/4 throttle, then you won't be one the main jet much and you'll probably be alright. If you do ride on the main quite a bit and it seems rich, you can compensate some by dropping the needle 1 position.

If riding trail, the 55 pilot will be too lean. Throttle response and off idle power may not be very good and it may be hard to start. If you can only buy 1 jet, I'd buy the 60 pilot.

Being a little rich on the top end won't hurt it.

Most of the time I use it in the street with sm wheels. In winter sometimes I use it for dirt.

So its alright to keep the 162 but I should change the other to 60 is that right?

I think that's what I would do in your situation.

Most of the time I use it in the street with sm wheels. In winter sometimes I use it for dirt.

So its alright to keep the 162 but I should change the other to 60 is that right?

I agree with Trailryder42. You have the standard euro jetting, like I had in my euro XR4. Go with the Gordons mods, 60 pilot and don't forget the fuel screw. You can always make small changes to the jetting later, if the bike runs a little rich on a hot day, or whatever.

Understood thanks a lot!!

By the way, I heard that offmarket air filters like KN and unifilter let through small particules, this filters wont damage the bike?

UNI is what I and lots of others use. If it's good enough for offroad, it's good enough for street. If street was all you rode, the K&N would probably be fine, but a lot of us would never consider running one offroad in the dirt. Just remember you have to lightly oil any foam filter you use, whether it's UNI or something else.

Understood thanks a lot!!

By the way, I heard that offmarket air filters like KN and unifilter let through small particules, this filters wont damage the bike?

Edited by Trailryder42

I use a cheap TC3 2 stroke oil, smear it over the outer foam surface with a gloved hand, invert the filter and knead the filter by hand to evenly distribute the oil over the outer surface of the filter. I've never liked over oiling or saturating my filters.

I was going to try the Notoil spray once, but it said on the can that it can only be cleaned with Notoil cleaner. Never tried it to see if that's true. If what I use can't be cleaned with Dawn soap and water, I don't use it.

• Like 1