Most Reliable Engine

Hi, I was wondering what type of engine is the most reliable/toughest? What I mean is that it won't blow up quickly and won't need replacement parts fairly quickly. I have a 2002 Yamaha YZ250F and I don't ride it extremely hard. I don't hit the rev limiter or anything and I've put about 20 hrs on it from the 20 it had from the previous owner. Its been a great bike.

Anyways, I was looking at RMZs and KXFs and I've heard that the Yamaha YZ250Fs are more reliable. What are your opinions on types of engines?

Yamaha hands down if you're looking for an mx bike. Stay off the rev limiter and keep your filters clean and they will last a long time. My 03 yz250f had 150 hours on the stock top end before I sold it.

XR's! :ride:

This threads going to cause nothing but problems.

Nothing but great things to say about my yz250f's. Fresh filters fresh oil avoid the rev limiter and im sure you'll have great luck just like kgmx and I have had too

The Briggs and Stratton on my lawn mower has been running fine for 15 years and counting…….. It doesn’t even have a throttle or a rev limiter.

If you looking for 100% reliability, then China bikes are the only way to go! :smirk:

Your question is like asking " what is the best color crayon for me to use to color this picture...." completely subjective. THE most important factor in ANY engine's longevity is.................YOU and your maintenance of it.

Joe

Crf150f

Crf150f

Lmao to this tho.

Nothing but great things to say about my yz250f's. Fresh filters fresh oil avoid the rev limiter and im sure you'll have great luck just like kgmx and I have had too

How do you avoid the rev limiter on a 250f?

Idk maybe it was just me but I found that no 250f was reliable once I was riding it to its potential. (I only ride honda but other buddies had the dif brands) Valve and head work is in every 250f's future, the question is when.

Most solid mx bike..................250 2 stroke :excuseme:

Most solid 4 stroke MX bike........... yz450f :excuseme:

Most solid 4 stroke 250f MX bike.........yz250f :thumbsup:

Lmao to this tho.

hahah

The best, most reliable engine is an engine that is taken care of!!!

Edited by stevekx500

Kholer

How do you avoid the rev limiter on a 250f?

Idk maybe it was just me but I found that no 250f was reliable once I was riding it to its potential. (I only ride honda but other buddies had the dif brands) Valve and head work is in every 250f's future, the question is when.

Bro, do you even shift?

Bro, do you even shift?

Nah I ride the entire track in 3rd because I'm scared of 4th and 5th...

Seriously? "Bro" are you always a Dick

Gas Turbines

Depends on what type of oil you use. :wacko:

In my experience, the most reliable and durable motors available to real dirtriders are ktm 2-stroke motors (200, 250, and 300, NOT the 150).

We have had several since 2002, all have gone 200 hrs between top end jobs. All have reached the 600-700 hr mark at least without any problems or failures. Stock clutch and bottom end.

Usually around that point I have the bottom end rebuilt just for confidence. My 2008 200 currently has 850 hrs on it.