Sign in to follow this  

Rm 85 jetting?

Hey guys i have a 2004 Rm85L with an FMF exhaust and a fresh top end i was wondering if it would be a good idea to jet it due to it having the exhaust or is it really unnecessary? I feel it bogs more then a usual 2 stroke at low rpms so i dont know if its due to it needing bigger jets and if so what sizes should i need? can anyone help please? Thanks

These bike's are way to rich from the factory. What does the spark plug look like as far as color?

Edited by moto man rm250

I put a fresh one in the other day and rode for like an hour ill take it off and check and if they run rich from factory thats probably y i feel the bog on low end? Maybe

The warmer it gets the worse it will be your stock pilot jet should be a #50 I would get a #48 and a #45 just to have they are easy to change and are cheap from rockymountain.

The warmer it gets the worse it will be your stock pilot jet should be a #50 I would get a #48 and a #45 just to have they are easy to change and are cheap from rockymountain.

Ok ill definitely do that...just the pilot jet?

I also ran my son's bike with the clip in the second groove on the needle but i would just try the pilot jet first it will make a big difference.

Changed the jet to a #45 what a difference runs way better thanks guys

Anytime glad to help. If you need a little more bottom grunt change the sprokets to 13 front and 48 rear.

Its funny i have that setup on a renthal i felt the difference there when i changed it