hawaiidirtrider

Post your Beta video here..

Damn the brutha can ride!!!!  Great vid and I only saw half!!!

I guess he's a relatively new Beta rider.

Are you for real? I dont know if Umericans do irony.

He's a 5 time world enduro champ in the 90s. Long time retired racer/ big time race promoter in the UK. Split with KTM this year to go with Beta - don't know the back story to that but it can only be a good thing for Beta riders in The British Isles - which are grouping of land masses just off the west coast of mainland Europe - main exports comedy, tea and sarcasm.

• Like 1

Are you for real? I dont know if Umericans do irony.

He's a 5 time world enduro champ in the 90s. Long time retired racer/ big time race promoter in the UK. Split with KTM this year to go with Beta - don't know the back story to that but it can only be a good thing for Beta riders in The British Isles - which are grouping of land masses just off the west coast of mainland Europe - main exports comedy, tea and sarcasm.

It's true right? He just went to Beta like when? a few months ago?  So I'm pretty much on target ... But you can characterize Americans toward where you are saying. They really overall don't give a crap about what happens in europe and are clueless about WEC...FIM motocross too for that matter. It's almost an afterthought . Of my riding friends I think I'm the only guy who tries to look for WEC stuff and watch what I can of it on Youtube etc. I have a bunch of WEC dvd's etc and like to watch to see how guys ride.  Plus I'm in Hawaii which makes it even more remote and disjointed from the rest of the USA.  Hell our riding is different and unusual in itself. It's sort of like American Footbal and World cup although that has changed alot as far as Americans caring . Maybe it's arrogance. Maybe it's paying attention to what's here at home in front of them.. I'm not sure what it is . I think Paul Edmondson is generally more known now in the US for his contention in extreme enduros..  Really how are Americans really going to care much about WEC anyway? Where's our coverage? We have to search for it like international archery tournaments .  He is awesome like so many great offroad greats in europe...but Americans wont give a crap unless they are covered in the media.. like when knight and juha came over and competed in the US. Even then the USA motorcycle offroad events aren't covered well in the US too.

As far as tea goes we have our own mamaki .I'm from Hawaii so kona coffee is more my gig... comedy ? sarcasm?  Hey it's the US.. we have way too much of that.. We have our own...but I'll take whatever comes.

I do like the vid! Thanks for posting!

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

I agree with you. It was a shame the Canadian and US WEC events they held a couple of years ago didnt catch on.

On a side note I would say that I think the WEC has really helped niche manufacturer's like Beta, Sherco, GasGas etc by giving them exposure to the riding public. In Europe we get to see WEC on Motors TV (a french cable channel). And interestingly the final round from France was on main TV -

http://api.dmcloud.net/player/pubpage/4f3d114d94a6f66945000325/522c69f89473995485000003/11ee46fe190c40e1be7b14e2bf097ae6?wmode=transparent&autoplay=1

(give it time to load)

• Like 1

Damn the brutha can ride!!!!  Great vid and I only saw half!!!

I guess he's a relatively new Beta rider.

Sounded like he whacked the side of the building once towards the end of the video.

What the hell happened? Looks like you and the bike got bear up .

Edited by DALLASDRZ

Enjoy me killing a tree with my new '13 300RR: 

Talk about protecting the bike!! I like Betas but damn! He saved the bike but do you have hospital bills? ...maybe bad bruising.. Thanks for posting.. I hope you're all right!

Talk about protecting the bike!! I like Betas but damn! He saved the bike but do you have hospital bills? ...maybe bad bruising.. Thanks for posting.. I hope you're all right!

Broke both of my wrists. The bike was fine other than the rear fender broke when it came down. 

Broke both of my wrists. The bike was fine other than the rear fender broke when it came down. 

Wow what a bummer... 

So what's the scoop? ..just watching I can't tell why you pulled so far left and was on the gas so hard. Did you not see and looking somewhere else? It just looks like you just almost aimed for the tree... It's hard to tell sometimes with cameras and angles too how  steep and how the trail really lies.

Wow what a bummer... 

So what's the scoop? ..just watching I can't tell why you pulled so far left and was on the gas so hard. Did you not see and looking somewhere else? It just looks like you just almost aimed for the tree... It's hard to tell sometimes with cameras and angles too how  steep and how the trail really lies.

Basically I wasn't prepared to see my buddy off his bike on the trail filming me. I was going pretty fast for how tight it was and looked over at him for a second. When I had my eyes in focus on the the trail ahead, I was going to fast to get out of the way. It was really strange actually. I sort of became fixated on the tree and just accepted that I was going to hit it. My throttle was pretty open, and I'm not sure why. I seemed to gas up for the impact instead of backing off. I still don't know why I did that. The whole wreck was so stupid of me. I still can't believe that it happened. What weantright said above is absolutely correct. My eyes were on my friend and not the trail ahead. It only took a second. Learned a really valuable lesson about trail awareness and concentration. 

• Like 2