hawaiidirtrider

Post your Beta video here..

1,795 posts in this topic

Hawaiidirtrider

Been seeing your posts for a long time . I live on a ranch in Montana and our riding goes from wide open 2 tracks to gnarly steep rocky single track . Watching your videos gets my curiosity up as to where in Hawaii do you ride ? On what Island ? I look on google earth at the big island and don't see a lot of development on it. Someone told me that because of the volcanic gases it's not livable?? I would have never believed that anyone could even begin to trail ride in Hawaii with all the environmental groups that we deal with continually around here . Would love to be able to afford getting my bike over there and doing some exploring ! I have a 17 300 RE . Awesome bike . Thanks for all your input and good posts ! 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, 3pine said:

Hawaiidirtrider

Been seeing your posts for a long time . I live on a ranch in Montana and our riding goes from wide open 2 tracks to gnarly steep rocky single track . Watching your videos gets my curiosity up as to where in Hawaii do you ride ? On what Island ? I look on google earth at the big island and don't see a lot of development on it. Someone told me that because of the volcanic gases it's not livable?? I would have never believed that anyone could even begin to trail ride in Hawaii with all the environmental groups that we deal with continually around here . Would love to be able to afford getting my bike over there and doing some exploring ! I have a 17 300 RE . Awesome bike . Thanks for all your input and good posts ! 

Thanks!! Im on Oahu but there’s great riding on a variety of islands . It’s getting harder to ride and area is going away.. too many people and too little land..still we just ride what we can..  but the dynamics are different I think here and the mainland. The dynamics are different from island to island too. Maybe because we live on a little island. Idk. Try looking up Kauai hare and hound on YouTube as well as Drjekyll808 

Sundayrides

kauai enduro

Heeebz1

Dirtbikedanger

Pagabin

Those are some off the top of my head. I don’t know if there are active rentals for dirt bike now. Gotta search up. That’s a hard one to make a go of. 

We used to have open riding but too much building on agricultural lands.. I think that’s a common story everywhere. I think street legal dirtbikes will be the easier way in the future. I see lots of European ride vids have all plated bikes.

Oh and I like your choice of bike.:thumbsup: 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Posted (edited)

Fun race format this past weekend at the D37 race. Short 8.5 mile loops on both Saturday and Sunday. Races were around an hour long. 

Really glad I had tubliss set up because I got a flat about midway through Saturday's race. Got back to the truck plugged it up and it got me through the rest of the weekend. 

Edited by OscarFox
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, sleepathon said:

3 weeks in a row, same property.

Yea sleepathon!!! You go getem!!  We don’t have many races. I think the next may be July 4th. Im living precariosly through you in your vids. I wish I could be on the line too!!!!

Round 3 of the AMA Western Hare Scrambles Series in Gorman CA. Actually got snow overnight, made for some "interesting" conditions. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This March was a blast. Some tranquil flow through woods and some fun crashes into powder.

Edited by Seldoff
3 people like this

Glen Helen GP. And a tip over at 7:35 right in the mud hole :))

5 people like this

14 hours ago, rider475 said:

Glen Helen GP. And a tip over at 7:35 right in the mud hole :))

I've been sticking to the dez and enduro races. I need to try one of these GPs they look like a lotta fun. 

3rd weekend of racing in a row. This was a long 80 miler. Course was laid out fast with plenty of whoops. Hope you guys enjoy! 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Here’s a flashback vid from a awhile ago. The 1st generation enduro Beta were unknown generally and underrated. Rfs motor is great. They handled good and still the lower seat height than the other brands

N

On 3/26/2018 at 6:10 PM, OscarFox said:

3rd weekend of racing in a row. This was a long 80 miler. Course was laid out fast with plenty of whoops. Hope you guys enjoy! 

Awesome!! I wish there were more races here. I might have to wait to 4th of July for the next hare scrambles.