hawaiidirtrider

Post your Beta video here..

3 hours ago, wallybean said:

Little central Idaho fall ride.  Don't be too critical, I am an old, fat slow guy.  First posted video of some riding on the 250RR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQe9BADOqC4&t=51s

You aren’t alone. There’s a bunch of us old fat slow guys. Thanks for posting!

After watching some you aren’t even riding slow. Nice flowing pace. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

You aren’t alone. There’s a bunch of us old fat slow guys. Thanks for posting!

After watching some you aren’t even riding slow. Nice flowing pace. 

Thanks, just so much slower than just 6 or 7 years ago on less capable bikes.  I think I hit the wall at 61 or so and now at 63 I just want to enjoy the ride and try not to cripple myself.  Actually was just rewatching my ride on the divide trail from 2019 and I can't even match that pace lol.

Lesson...go ride and enjoy it while you can!  Tomorrow probably isn't going to be as good as today at this point.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

39 minutes ago, wallybean said:

Thanks, just so much slower than just 6 or 7 years ago on less capable bikes.  I think I hit the wall at 61 or so and now at 63 I just want to enjoy the ride and try not to cripple myself.  Actually was just rewatching my ride on the divide trail from 2019 and I can't even match that pace lol.

Lesson...go ride and enjoy it while you can!  Tomorrow probably isn't going to be as good as today at this point.

I’m almost 61 and feel the same way looking at vids from a couple of years ago too. And at the time of those vids I thought I was slower than a couple years before that. It’s just keep going and be happy to be out there. A bunch of riders are just dead already. We’re faster than those guys . 🤣 We’re able physically to still ride off-road. That in itself is huge. Good for you for still riding. :ride: I looked at one of my more recent vids and thought I should be faster too. Maybe that’s good to keep working at riding and health to at least work to at least not getting any slower. 

• Like 1

so can I still post non beta bike video even though I have beta forks? lol. suzuki forum is dead, and mainly wanted to show a tight race track, I havent been on a track this tight in....well ever. there was another track that was single track, but you could actually ride the whole place, this track I had a hard time feeling like I could even shift to 2nd(nice that the 450 pulls a long ways in 1st) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pro5mark said:

Short video at a local trail where I was playing around with multiple camera shots.

Cool seeing different shots. I have never seen traffic signs on single track. 

3 hours ago, Kendall993 said:

Cool seeing different shots. I have never seen traffic signs on single track. 

I think it's fairly new at this riding area, I believe they put them in when they added the singletrack a few years back.  Most of the singletrack trails in Michigan have stop ahead and stop signs at the major trail crossings and I do have to say, it is nice.  It's pretty easy to blow through intersections if there is no warning and with the increasing number of side-by-sides on the trails it's good to have bit more protection from being run over. 

This is not a specific Beta video but I think it is worth watching it. Hope that's OK.

Its from France and no wonder you will see lots of Shercos. But the astonishing thing is, that there are also lots of Betas. Seems like a Beta armada has entered that race. Obviously the French like the Italian bikes :-) 

Edited by Doc Brown
typo
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1