hawaiidirtrider

Post your Beta video here..

9 minutes ago, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

Anyone know if that's under snow for tomorrow? Would like to go ride it. 

Have fun going over the pass tomorrow! 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

I drove over it a ton for work for ten years, never had a problem. But I don't think Cline is rideable hahaha. 

Screenshot_20210212-202949_Chrome.jpg

3 feet of snow tonight on pass here! We need that low elevation snow though,  so I'm not complaining.  

Big snow means great Spring conditions.  Sure hoping Central Oregon gets a few huge dumps so those riding areas don't get dusty so early on.  

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

15 hours ago, firffighter said:

3 feet of snow tonight on pass here! We need that low elevation snow though,  so I'm not complaining.  

Big snow means great Spring conditions.  Sure hoping Central Oregon gets a few huge dumps so those riding areas don't get dusty so early on.  

Yeah I'm pretty much just doing calisthenics in my living room all day until SX is on. 

• Haha 1

The weekend ride down under.  Victoria, Australia.   No snow here.  Ride weekend to raise funds for black dog - men’s mental Health. Great ride on terrific trails in a huge eucalypt forest.  Enjoy.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Hannibal Babar said:

yes, yes, it's not the right tool etc... better a  2S etc...  but what a noise 😉

I don’t know. If there’s a flow riding the 4 stroke is not bad . I like a lighter bike of a 2t though but 4t is definitely a better choice for especially a street legal dirtbike. The off idle low end of a 2t is the edge to me though. I think Beta 2 strokes aren’t very loud too.. My 350 with the fmf slip on and without the spark arrestor tip is like a straight pipe Harley. I bought a stock Beta  slip on to put on my 350 because of how loud the fmf is. With the spark arrestor fmf it’s not bad but quieter would be better but haven’t changed yet. The fmf does look nicer. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

I don’t know. If there’s a flow riding the 4 stroke is not bad . I like a lighter bike of a 2t though but 4t is definitely a better choice for especially a street legal dirtbike. The off idle low end of a 2t is the edge to me though. I think Beta 2 strokes aren’t very loud too.. My 350 with the fmf slip on and without the spark arrestor tip is like a straight pipe Harley. I bought a stock Beta  slip on to put on my 350 because of how loud the fmf is. With the spark arrestor fmf it’s not bad but quieter would be better but haven’t changed yet. The fmf does look nicer. 

I have the factory exhaust on my  390rr and it's fracking noisy... more than my past  HRC open xrr650 which was something !!! 🙂 btu this one has lots of high frequencies.. Not the best to practice slow crosstraining back garden :(   For sure , when I swap my beta with buddy 2 strokes, everything is easier.... for same hours potentiel,  4S  maintenance is costing a lot of money in parts, in time too ,  even if lots  ride  hundreds of hours without any parts changed.... On slow tech trails,  It's hard on this 4strokes not be  "running behind the bike"... But on deep sand mines, it's another story 😉

Edited by Hannibal Babar
  • Like 1

Here are a couple of short cell phone videos of the start at the last AMA District 38 race. This is a dead engine start. When the banner drops you start the bike and go. I was able to get a good little jump on them with the bone stock, street legal 390 against the 450s and 500s. A KX500 eventually got by me and got the holeshot but I'm really happy with the performance out of this 390. There was one section on the course where I clocked 78 mph on the GPS. Awesome bike!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

5 hours ago, Durf said:

Here are a couple of short cell phone videos of the start at the last AMA District 38 race. This is a dead engine start. When the banner drops you start the bike and go. I was able to get a good little jump on them with the bone stock, street legal 390 against the 450s and 500s. A KX500 eventually got by me and got the holeshot but I'm really happy with the performance out of this 390. There was one section on the course where I clocked 78 mph on the GPS. Awesome bike!

i'm still amazed how this 390 rippppppss. I bought it to cool things down after the big red pig... It's worst !!! 🙂 🙂🙂 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 4/3/2021 at 9:52 AM, Hannibal Babar said:

i'm still amazed how this 390 rippppppss. I bought it to cool things down after the big red pig... It's worst !!! 🙂 🙂🙂 

update : after remaps, and retune of tps /stepmotor and idling +100, bike is totally transformed. Still revs like mad, but it's now ultra smooth in low revs, tracts just on idling, etc .... So first time for me to ride it like others were used to describe it as smooth engine...

Edited by Hannibal Babar
  • Helpful 1