Looking for trail info in the Bellingham/Maple Falls area

Washington

My daughter and her fiance moved to Maple Falls last year so that he could take a job in Bellingham. I have visited them and seen several bikes in the back of trucks. She left her CR250 here in California, but if the riding is good enough I'd like to bring both bikes up and ride with her next time I visit. If the trails are secret (like a lot of our local stuff) please feel free to PM me. Not interested in MX tracks, but anything from scenic fire roads to singletrack. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott (PILLDOC)

I am not that familiar with the Bellingham area, however there is good riding in many other places in the area/region.

45 minutes south you have Walker Valley, east of Mount Vernon. This is very difficult terrain.

3-4 hours East on Hwy 20 there are lots of opportunities in Eastern Washington, especially if you are a dual sport.

In the E Lake Wenatchee area, there are lots of trails. About 4 hours from Bellingham.

Also off I-90 in the Cle Elum area (3-4 hours from Bellingham)

Thanks Ruler, I'll check out Walker Valley. When you say difficult terrain, would it be difficult for your average B class enduro rider? I am plated, but she is not. The other places are probably too far, at least for the first try. If I end up leaving her bike there we may try those places in the future. Thanks, PD

I tried to find information on Walker Valley - is it the ORV area? From what I can tell it seems like Jeep trails with some single track also. Just wondering what makes it difficult - rocks? steep hill climbs? For those of you that enjoy difficult trails like I do, would you consider it a "fun" place to ride?

If you were to do a search on this forum I'm sure you would find hours of video and discussion about Walker Valley and it's level of difficulty.

Thank you

At the Kilted Duck @walker this last weekend I heard this a few time through out the course of the day "If you can ride at Walker, you can ride anywhere in the country"

Awesome Woods riding. Here is a small example from youtube. Just a random vid.

Like stated before, there is alot about walker on this forum. Such a great place to ride.

SC

Edited by seattlechronic

Awesome. Thanks for the help!

My daughter and her fiance moved to Maple Falls last year so that he could take a job in Bellingham. I have visited them and seen several bikes in the back of trucks. She left her CR250 here in California, but if the riding is good enough I'd like to bring both bikes up and ride with her next time I visit. If the trails are secret (like a lot of our local stuff) please feel free to PM me. Not interested in MX tracks, but anything from scenic fire roads to singletrack. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott (PILLDOC)

Don't forget a map. http://www.dnr.wa.go...ker_12_full.pdf

At the Kilted Duck @walker this last weekend I heard this a few time through out the course of the day "If you can ride at Walker, you can ride anywhere in the country"

Awesome Woods riding. Here is a small example from youtube.

Like stated before, there is alot about walker on this forum. Such a great place to ride.

SC

Are you Westbird5?

There is one legal off-road single track trail up there on USFS land in the Maple Falls area.

It's not very long and the trail is an in and out type trail and you can't even ride to the end of the trail.

But it's out there.

Perhaps someone could send you the name of the trail.

SC

You guys did the "easy" part of Webbers. :thumbsup:

You guys did the "easy" part of Webbers. :thumbsup:

Agreed :) I posted the vid of the other way to my buddies. :)

Agreed :) I posted the vid of the other way to my buddies. :)

That's the hard part of Webbers, going up that hill from Odyssey.

I have seen a couple of guys fall off that side hill.

That's the hard part of Webbers, going up that hill from Odyssey.

I have seen a couple of guys fall off that side hill.

Gotta ride with you some time Guns. I know so little about walker and would love to learn as it's 49 miles from my garage :) I saw you at the duck but you were pretty busy and didnt want to bug. We have a mutual buddy, Mr. Woodlief.

Chef Floyd

Edited by seattlechronic

We need to get Deer Slayer back on a bike. :ride:

We need to get Deer Slayer back on a bike. :ride:

Agreed!