Husky newb advice

Hi im new to the husky forums and was looking for a bit of advice or insight to help me a bit. I've been recently looking to buy a TC250 X-LITE, and saw many 2010 models, are the 2009 TC250's a X-LITE model also, or are the 2010's the start of the X-LITE, and is there anything I should be aware of common problems etc with 2010 or 2009 250 X-LITE's? Any contribution is appreciated, Thanks, Nick.

The 2010 is the start of the X-LITE.

And 40 hours my 2010 TC250 has had no problems, just gotta know how to start it!

Thanks JOXY, 2010 tc250 it is then. Yeah people seem to say you start them like the older four strokes? (no problem really I know the technique after starting my dads xt500!)

Does the tc have a decompresion lever, or is that just the hot start lever?

It has a hot start button next the the choke, i only ever use it when it's flooded or really doesn't wanna start hot.

As for starting it's the same as starting a KX250F - Going a tad pass the compression stroke (Not sure on how to define it). :)

Enjoy the bike mate! I love mine, Nice power and Handles everything like a breeze!

It has a hot start button next the the choke, i only ever use it when it's flooded or really doesn't wanna start hot.

As for starting it's the same as starting a KX250F - Going a tad pass the compression stroke (Not sure on how to define it). :)

Enjoy the bike mate! I love mine, Nice power and Handles everything like a breeze!

Great! I'll keep you up dated on my purchase, I've seen a couple im going to view this week hopefully :thumbsup:

My 2011TE310 (x-lite) had starter issue which was was related to the ring and pinion gear. Not all x lites had this problem, mine was fixed by replacing those components and now it starts fine.

The other issue was the fuel pump, during hot days and moving slow thru rough terrian not enough air would pass thru the engine and fuel pump area. This cause the fuel pump to get hot and seize momentarily, after a few minutes it would cool down and start again, the fix was I installed an after market pump and I haven't had that problem since. Just my experince other that that its a good bike.

Good Luck,

Roger

Hi im new to the husky forums and was looking for a bit of advice or insight to help me a bit. I've been recently looking to buy a TC250 X-LITE, and saw many 2010 models, are the 2009 TC250's a X-LITE model also, or are the 2010's the start of the X-LITE, and is there anything I should be aware of common problems etc with 2010 or 2009 250 X-LITE's? Any contribution is appreciated, Thanks, Nick.

Since I see you are in Europe the answer is there were some 2009 TC 250x-lites released there. There were not any sent to the US so we tend to say no but there were a few in your world.

Since I see you are in Europe the answer is there were some 2009 TC 250x-lites released there. There were not any sent to the US so we tend to say no but there were a few in your world.

Ahh right.. I have seen some 09's which look like a X-lite, but have a red valve cover, if it has a red cover does it mean it is the older model and holds more oil etc? Do the X-lites have red valve covers? I noticed 2013's do have a red cover., but 2010's do not?

My 2011TE310 (x-lite) had starter issue which was was related to the ring and pinion gear. Not all x lites had this problem, mine was fixed by replacing those components and now it starts fine.

The other issue was the fuel pump, during hot days and moving slow thru rough terrian not enough air would pass thru the engine and fuel pump area. This cause the fuel pump to get hot and seize momentarily, after a few minutes it would cool down and start again, the fix was I installed an after market pump and I haven't had that problem since. Just my experince other that that its a good bike.

Good Luck,

Roger

Which pump did you go with? I think mine might be having the same issue. Thanks,

hi Nick,

what are you planning to use the bike for,

Hare + hounds, MX , playbike..??,

Charlie - Oxford

hi Nick,

what are you planning to use the bike for,

Hare + hounds, MX , playbike..??,

Charlie - Oxford

Hi Charlie, umm a bit of everything really, mainly offroad, enduro, playbike and the occasional practice track :) Nothing serious, just a bit of fun, Why do you ask? Do you have one for sale? Or know for one ;) Nick.

Which pump did you go with? I think mine might be having the same issue. Thanks,

California Cycleworks Fuel Pump

Couldn't paste the link on here.

Hi Charlie, umm a bit of everything really, mainly offroad, enduro, playbike and the occasional practice track :) Nothing serious, just a bit of fun, Why do you ask? Do you have one for sale? Or know for one ;) Nick.

no,

I'm afraid i'm a bit out of touch..!!,

Used to marshal H+h , National Enduros,

until 2 years ago..all taken a bit of a back seat since then..,

AFAIK, we still ONLY get the Enduro AND MX versions,

not the compromise TXC that they get in the states,

the "enduro " version would appear to better suit your needs,

I'm From Oxford area, so not too far from Winchester _ husky Importer,

but did most of my riding in Wales where Shropshires S+S seem to have a Great understanding of the enduro , H+H husky scene,

Charlie