2013 GNCC round 4 Big Buck Union SC

Good vid as always. Looked like epic dirt conditions out there.

That was you! Me and an 'ol racing buddy were standing fairly near by when that guy clipped your handlebar, but I couldn't see enough of your bike through the crowd to tell it was you. Good that it wasn't any worse but that guy hit the hill hard. (the whole crowd went Oooh!)

He got up and continued on, but I bet he's feeling it today.

That hill is a whole lot more intimidating in real life than how it looks on camera.

Edited by trailtraks

Yeap, that was me..... I had lowered the idle on my engine before the race, and adjusted the rekluse clutch, and aparently I had the idle too low and the rekluse would freewheel at idle. So just as I come up on the hill I see a bike coming down so I let off the throttle, then when I see he is not going to jet out in front of me I grabbed a handful of throttle and the stupid bike flames out! Then while trying to restart it the guy behind me slammed into my arm and handlebars. Kinda embarrassing!

Tire wise, Im still running trials tire in the back. This bike I bought with 39 hours on it and it now has 76 hours, It has had the same tires on it this whole time.... A michelin tube type trials tire in the back ( 10 psi ) and a Bridgestone M-59 front ( 11.5 psi )

These same two tires were spooned on the KTM 150xc I had before this 350, and did 3 full days of trail riding before being spooned off and put on the 350.

They last forever and have the best traction for the soil conditions we have in the carolinas / georgia area. Ive done 3 GNCC races, 3 local races, a few enduros, a national harescramble and several trail rides on these tires and they are still in race worthy shape.

One thing is for sure though.... I didn't see another bike on the grid or on the course with a trials tire at the race yesterday. Im sure there was a few running them in the 10am B/C race, but I think I might have been the only one with one in the 1pm A/ Pro race...

Yeap, that was me..... I had lowered the idle on my engine before the race, and adjusted the rekluse clutch, and aparently I had the idle too low and the rekluse would freewheel at idle. So just as I come up on the hill I see a bike coming down so I let off the throttle, then when I see he is not going to jet out in front of me I grabbed a handful of throttle and the stupid bike flames out! Then while trying to restart it the guy behind me slammed into my arm and handlebars. Kinda embarrassing!

Tire wise, Im still running trials tire in the back. This bike I bought with 39 hours on it and it now has 76 hours, It has had the same tires on it this whole time.... A michelin tube type trials tire in the back ( 10 psi ) and a Bridgestone M-59 front ( 11.5 psi )

These same two tires were spooned on the KTM 150xc I had before this 350, and did 3 full days of trail riding before being spooned off and put on the 350.

They last forever and have the best traction for the soil conditions we have in the carolinas / georgia area. Ive done 3 GNCC races, 3 local races, a few enduros, a national harescramble and several trail rides on these tires and they are still in race worthy shape.

One thing is for sure though.... I didn't see another bike on the grid or on the course with a trials tire at the race yesterday. Im sure there was a few running them in the 10am B/C race, but I think I might have been the only one with one in the 1pm A/ Pro race...

yep! as long as you aren't riding a pro class speed a trials tire will last a long time! I've had my trials tire for practice on for about 2 years. Just now needing a new one.

Nice video as always. It seemed like the track was opposite of that from last year, but I couldn't make it this year. I just remember that tracked got whooped out pretty bad last year.

Out of curiosity Gyro, are you coming up to the Mid-Atlantic area GNCC races? If so, I will be at them. Maybe we could meet up as I will be running the PM race this year too.

The only other GNCC race I plan to do this year is the snowshoe race.

I enjoy GNCC racing, but I don't enjoy it enough to want to travel to places so far away it becomes a 3 day affair to go run a race, places like New York or Indiana, etc.... We have two local series here and to me the courses are just as good and a race is a race, so I get plenty of racing in!

Will you be at snowshoe?

The only other GNCC race I plan to do this year is the snowshoe race.

I enjoy GNCC racing, but I don't enjoy it enough to want to travel to places so far away it becomes a 3 day affair to go run a race, places like New York or Indiana, etc.... We have two local series here and to me the courses are just as good and a race is a race, so I get plenty of racing in!

Will you be at snowshoe?

No, I can't make it there this year. I hear you on the traveling and time. I've decided to run less GNCC's and more local series races also.

Thanks for the videos, I am subscribed to your channel over on Youtube. I really enjoy watching your videos.

No, not at all... Ive driven through Indiana..... Met the man who plowed that earth,

Planted that seed, busted his ass for you and me!

Hahaha!

Naw, I do like indiana, I go every summer to a town called Mentone, its near Rochester, to fly my gyrocopter at the popular rotorcraft associations big yearly convention. Its a long drive, a full day on the road. I go the convention and spend a whole week there, so 2 days on the road is worth it. But 2 days on the road for a 3 hour dirt bike race is not worth it, not for me anyways