2007 CRF250R Really hard to kick!

Working on a bike that is super hard to kick. Someone did the valves before me and they are in spec. My question is would this bike run with the cam chain off one tooth? It will bump start, start hot, pain in the ass cold. Going into carb today to clean the jets.Garage.jpg

To answer my on question. The exhaust valves were not right. Had to put larger shims in it. Kicks easy now and starts right up!

:p

Cool glad you figured it out My 06 crf 250r jumped timing in a race and bent both my intakes valves and brake both my valve keepers and springs:/

I had the same issue and heres what I did and now it start within 2-3 kicks cold with fuel and choke on, and I do not touch the throttle.

1. Cleaned Carb

2. Saw some debris in the fuel tank - removed and cleaned out then put fresh fuel in.

3. Changed spark plug

Before doing the above I used to kick for so long that my knee would hurt the next day...lol

Working on a bike that is super hard to kick. Someone did the valves before me and they are in spec. My question is would this bike run with the cam chain off one tooth? It will bump start, start hot, pain in the ass cold. Going into carb today to clean the jets.Garage.jpg