Leak Jet Question

still got bog after AP mod and jetting to our Altitude so

I looked for a leak jet (has a #58 now)... and have only found that I can only get a #48 size.

I would like to get a #40 leak jet

do you know were I can get one ?

Will a leak jet from any FCR type carb work ?

thanks to everyone in advance

still got bog after AP mod and jetting to our Altitude so

I looked for a leak jet (has a #58 now)... and have only found that I can only get a #48 size.

I would like to get a #40 leak jet

do you know were I can get one ?

Will a leak jet from any FCR type carb work ?

thanks to everyone in advance

Can't answer your questions directly: I took Weantright's advice and installed a QS3. Once the pilot and main jets are right, I can tune for temperature and altitude changes with the pilot screw and the QS3. Saves a lot of hassles.

I got mine from a Yamaha shop. Evidently Honda at the time didn't have a part number for it. Back in 08/09 there was a thread on it and they gave me the Yamaha number, but I think they purged the old threads. I ended up with a Powerbowl and never did use the leak jet,

Your honda shop should be able to source them,have them look under a crf250 for the smaller diameter leak jets

Online shows the smallest crf250R jet is a 60. If you go in there, they usually have a box of jets, and they can find a 40. I actually went to Malcolm Smiths and they sell both Honda and Yamaha. I don't remember if they pulled out of a keihin box or actually used the part number.

thanks you guys for the help

i have done the AP mod and changed the leak jet on my own bike and it work GREAT

so I hope we can find a #40 leak jet that will fit this thing

A #40 leak will pour gas into the motor and it will run almost the same. Get a #50 or no smaller than a #48. Or save your time and get a QS3 external leak jet adjuster.

Here is where you can buy all your jetting parts

http://www.carbparts.com/

Thank you everyone

I'm going to try a 48 and see

They are cheap, get both a 50 and a 48. Try the 50 first because on my bike the 48 worked but was a tad too much when the motor was hot and temps were in the 80's. Loss of throttle response is all.