Drz400e Jetting Help

I have recently purchased a jd jet kit for my 2000 Drz400e with Keihin carb.

I Live at 6,000 feet and ride at higher elevations. I need to know the right jets and needle to put in it. Thank you.

Edited by indestructible-drz

What jet kit did you get? Did it come with instructions?

With snorkel removed and open pipe these settings should be close... ...

150 main jet

Red Needle, clip 5

45 pilot

2 turns fuel screw

Edited by Craigo 485sm

Its a JD kit and I actually havent gotten it yet. I figured it wouldn't have specs for my specific bike. Its a drz400e therefore it has a 3x3 air box mod, I also have a yoshi rs-3 full exhaust which is a large pipe diameter. By 2 turns on the fuel screw do you mean from all the way open or closed.

Theres no snorkel thing in mine just a box cut out. Guess the previous owner removed that.

Its a JD kit and I actually havent gotten it yet. I figured it wouldn't have specs for my specific bike. Its a drz400e therefore it has a 3x3 air box mod, I also have a yoshi rs-3 full exhaust which is a large pipe diameter. By 2 turns on the fuel screw do you mean from all the way open or closed.

From closed....

If you haven't received the JD kit i would cancel it....You're really just after a needle and a main jet which can be purchased separately from Epic , Sudco ,Jetsrus etc.. :)..(150 mj ,OCEMP needle ,clip 3)

Theres no snorkel thing in mine just a box cut out. Guess the previous owner removed that.

Can you post a pic of the cut out on the airbox,? what does it measure?

Its an e model with the snorle removed and its a 3x3. Ive received my jet kit. The directions say to use the red needle 5th position. With the 160 jet for my elevation. Theres no pilot jet. They say to use the 165 for open exhaust and air box mods. What should I use.

155 jet for mods sorry.

155 jet for mods sorry.

My bad again i meant to say that the jets go from 155, 160,162,165.

Should i just run the 160 and forget about the 155 for my mods?

Above 6K ft For open pipe , stock displacement,use a 150 mj,

I called JD and they said to use a 162 jet red needle in 5th position... Guess I should have done that first but I figured different opinions would help. Thanks Guys

I called JD and they said to use a 162 jet red needle in 5th position... Guess I should have done that first but I figured different opinions would help. Thanks Guys

No problem mate.....I am not too sure why they are advising that size main jet...That will be too rich.....

If you have big bore it will be even more rich....

So did you advise us of your modifications???????

Yes i have full yoshi and snorkle removed

Yes i have full yoshi and snorkle removed

Ok...If you don't believe me about the jet size , give Eddie a call at Epic...He will set the record straight...

There is nothing he don't know about jetting...

The jetting guru ... Is in the house :thumbsup: