yz125 Idle adjust screw

The idle adjust screw on my 96 yz125 is a screw with a nut to lock the screw after you set it. I hate that thing. My daughters KX100 has a spring loaded screw that is easily adjustable on the trail. Has anyone replaced that screw/nut set up with a spring loaded screw and do you see any issue with doing that?

Great question! I often ask myself everytime I try to adjust the idle!

In case anyone is interested:

http://www.ebay.com/...099e0e4&vxp=mtr

I'm trying to find out what the supposed "minor mod" is that you may have to make. I'm always leary of stuff like that.

The "minor mod" is grinding a little bit of the fuel inlet nipple off so the aftermarket screw knob can clear it. Not sure which carbs this applies to though. You'd have to check your carb to see how close the nipple is to the idle screw.

The idle adjust screw on my 96 yz125 is a screw with a nut to lock the screw after you set it. I hate that thing. My daughters KX100 has a spring loaded screw that is easily adjustable on the trail. Has anyone replaced that screw/nut set up with a spring loaded screw and do you see any issue with doing that?

I have always hated the screw/nut idea. What I did on my 125 is remove the nut and just wrap the screw with white teflon tape and reinstall. Provides a perfect friction fit that allows adjustment with no need for a nut.