07 Husky TC510 Light Kit

I've been searching this forum and others for a definitive answer on the options of running a headlight and tail light on my kickstart only TC510. Aside from a headlight and tail light of my choosing, what else do I need to run these? Do I need a need a upgraded stator, have mine rewound? Will I need a voltage regulator as well. Any help is appreciated

You will definitely need a voltage regulator if you do not have one. Your stator should run a 35 watt bulb.

Talk about reviving an oldie! I too would love to put a headlight and e-start on my 08 TC510. Has anyone heard anything definitive whether you can or can not do this?

Thanks!

Talk about reviving an oldie! I too would love to put a headlight and e-start on my 08 TC510. Has anyone heard anything definitive whether you can or can not do this?

Thanks!

Yes you can, i have a 06TC510 and am in the middle of ordering these. Husky makes a kit from the factory for both the headlight and magic button. Talk to Bill's Husqvarna in Salem, OR. I believe they have the kits in stock for both...kinda spendy but worth having.

basically you're just installing the OEM TE450/510 systems on the TC.

I did it to my 08 TC510.  The TE stuff is different.

All you need is the regulator/rectifier that it calls for in the parts manual.  Its the one for the "electric start kit" not the one for the TE.  P# 8000 91978. The TE has a different stator. 

It will plug right in (the plug is there) and mount under the tank on the right hand side.  There is a plug with 3 wires by the carb that will be tied up and not used.  You can pull it up to where the battery would go.  The big red wire will be your 12V DC, ground on the frame anywhere.   You can run with no battery or add one if you want.  The Conversion kit for the electric start also calls for a "condensor" (Capacitor).  You do not need this.

I am running a dual headlight with Leds and a tail light.  No battery.  Also a Trail tech Striker and horn.

With no load on it the regulator will kill the output.  So you can't just meter the wire when you are done.  You must turn some lights on or something so the regulator has some resistance.

Old thread but it may help someone down the road.

Edited by Flash319