Sign in to follow this  

FCR pilot jet screwed in kinda tight

Replaced my FCR-MX pilot jet with a new Keihin pj and the last couple turns started to have some resistance before it seated, not a lot, but enough to make me wonder. I took it back out and looked it over (looked fine), screwed in the old PJ and it went in fine, no resistance till seated as usual . I don't want to damage my carb. Anybody else run into this ? Should I use the jet or order another one?

Was the new pilot a Keihin brand or aftermarket?

I'd get another jet.

Yea, it is a Keihin. I going to take it back out, don't want to damage my carb. Maybe I'll see if running it through a tap might help. I got a ride planned and the new pj probably won't be in by this weekend.

Yea, it is a Keihin. I'm going to take it back out, don't want to damage my carb. Maybe I'll see if running it through a tap might help. I got a ride planned and the new pj probably won't be in by this weekend.

Took the jet out and ran it through a metric tap, .75 x 6m, didn't help, still tight going in. All the other pilot jets I have screw in just fine. Its a Keihin OEM Yamaha pj, I guess even Keihin jets are now being made in China or I just got a bad one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SNORE125
      Anyone else have 130 main and 38 pilot jets already in the carb I took the wifes ttr 230 carb apart to add the bigger jets and this bike from 05 that I bought new already had them in it? I was reading that they came with a 125 main and a 36 pilot.
    • By Charles Joseph Miron
      Hello all.  Need a helping hand here..  
      I bought an older TT225 and am not about to spend almost $600 on a new carburetor for it. So I'm hoping someone can help me out with an idea of what (other than original carburetor) style, type and brand I should go with..  I'm also having a bit of trouble finding info on this bike.  It's a 1986 Yamaha TT225.  
      Thank you in advanced
      Charles
    • By Br0ck
      Hey guys, I went on vacation all summer and let my bike sit (2002 CR250). When I got back I ripped it apart and cleaned carburetor and put it back together and it started fine and ran alright, but idled really high. I adjusted the idle screw and realized it was a ridiculous amount of turns out. I can't remember exactly how many but id say 6+ turns out. My killswitch was a POS and didn't work anymore so I replaced it with an oem replacement. My last ride I crashed the bike pretty bad and I was off the bike for 2 weeks. I can't get the bike to start ever since I got installed the new killswitch. I think I wired it right I just replaced one wire at a time and it looked pretty straight forward. I verified it by testing spark while holding it in I was getting no spark but with it in running position it would spark. 
      Anyway I am just looking for some base settings for the Mikuni TMX to get my bike running again, my carburetor has a 35 Pilot and 380 Main jet which appear to be stock. I am located in Edmonton, AB, Canada which is about 2500ft and usually ride between 10-25 celcius.
      Thanks for any replies. 
    • By Goon Rides
      Hey guys... so I have a problem... I took the bike at Cal City, broke it in, and while I was doing so, the bike was bogging in first gear (Yes, first gear). Also it doesn't idle at all. I have to keep blipping it otherwise it'll stall. So I adjusted the screw circled in image 1. Well I was listening to the sound of the of the bike, yet the rpm's weren't increasing, and it was still stalling. So then, I unscrewed the screw in image 2, well I found out that it was fully twisted to the right. So then, I twisted it to the left, still nothing; it was still stalling... where's the idle screw? I am sure that the screw in image 1 is for the air/fuel mixture screw, and the screw in image 2 is the idle screw, just broken? I don't know, any and every help would be appreciated.

• By Zach7018
      So Ive decided its time to pull apart my favorite machine and freshen it up, and I'm looking to make some improvements in the process. I already have a 3x3 mod and a JD jet kit done and it seemed to have changed the world. The stock bike just plain sucked and now its a lot better. I never expect 450 race bike power here but I know there is a little more and I'm wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze. I already plan to add a header and exhaust, an FCR39 carb and stage 1 hotcams. After some research it really seems like those places are where the gains actually come from, so would it be worth it to throw a 434 big bore kit at this bike or just stick with what I already mentioned and a new stock bore top end??? Also my rides are often solo and pretty isolated,how much of a reliability headache can I expect with these mods?