FCR pilot jet screwed in kinda tight

Replaced my FCR-MX pilot jet with a new Keihin pj and the last couple turns started to have some resistance before it seated, not a lot, but enough to make me wonder. I took it back out and looked it over (looked fine), screwed in the old PJ and it went in fine, no resistance till seated as usual . I don't want to damage my carb. Anybody else run into this ? Should I use the jet or order another one?

Was the new pilot a Keihin brand or aftermarket?

I'd get another jet.

Was the new pilot a Keihin brand or aftermarket?

I'd get another jet.

Yea, it is a Keihin. I going to take it back out, don't want to damage my carb. Maybe I'll see if running it through a tap might help. I got a ride planned and the new pj probably won't be in by this weekend.

Yea, it is a Keihin. I'm going to take it back out, don't want to damage my carb. Maybe I'll see if running it through a tap might help. I got a ride planned and the new pj probably won't be in by this weekend.

Took the jet out and ran it through a metric tap, .75 x 6m, didn't help, still tight going in. All the other pilot jets I have screw in just fine. Its a Keihin OEM Yamaha pj, I guess even Keihin jets are now being made in China or I just got a bad one.

Nobody is perfect. You just got a bad jet. You could run a die over it and clean up the threads or (Iwhat I'd do) is return it and get another. It happens.