Xr400 or or Xr250?

I just upgraded from a xr250r to a xr400r. I am 16. I am 185cm tall pretty strong. My 250r was a good fast bike. My 400r is twice the power. ALSO FOR SOME PEOPLE ITS TWICE THE WEGHT OR FEELS LIKE IT. 250r quicker through tight. 400r quicker in general.

250 has 6 gears which is nice. The tighter and more technical the trails, the better the 250 is. The more open the trails, fire roads, sand, the more power you're gonna want and need. So 400 would be better.

How much do you weigh? I'm only 145 so the 250 scoots me around pretty darn good.

Tough choice still lol, at that weight you could go either way. I think the 250 will be easier for you to throw around nd a tad more fun. My buddy is 210 and he always liked the 250 but when we'd race it and clock times... Hah, he knew a 400 would be the ticket for him!

So more power, but more weight.

Or less weight and more maneuverability.

I would rather have the 400 on the highway, but in the dirt, the 250 is lighter. The 250 has plenty of low end tractor-like power to climb anything you can get traction on. Add a four gallon tank and you have a 240 mile range. The 250 is a lot easier to kick start.

I just did a ride with a 400 and a 650 on my 250 and I can ride as fast as they are willing to ride and faster around corners on dirt roads. Tight trails are easy on the 250, though the 400 does really well with a strong rider.

The 250 won't wheelie or break the rear tire loose with a twist of the throttle like the 400. I think that is the biggest difference.