FCR pilot jet screwed in kinda tight

Replaced my FCR-MX pilot jet with a new Keihin pj and the last couple turns started to have some resistance before it seated, not a lot, but enough to make me wonder. I took it back out and looked it over (looked fine), screwed in the old PJ and it went in fine, no resistance till seated as usual . I don't want to damage my carb. Should I use the jet or order another one? I know I should just get another pj but have a ride planned and wouldn't get it in time. Anybody else run into this ?

Replaced my FCR-MX pilot jet with a new Keihin pj and the last couple turns started to have some resistance before it seated, not a lot, but enough to make me wonder. I took it back out and looked it over (looked fine), screwed in the old PJ and it went in fine, no resistance till seated as usual . I don't want to damage my carb. Should I use the jet or order another one? I know I should just get another pj but have a ride planned and wouldn't get it in time. Anybody else run into this ?

If I was stuck I would put it back in and use the bike but if your in no rush or you can get another one on short order then put another one in just to make sure and ease your mind. Edited by D0T-C0M

If I was stuck I would put it back in and use the bike but if your in no rush or you can get another one on short order then put another one in just to make sure and ease your mind.

Yea, thats kinda what I was thinking but, I read on here before that somebody cracked the carb casing were the PJ screws into and ruined their carb, their carb was all gummed up and they cracked it while trying to remove the PJ, if I hadn't read that, I probably wouldn't worry about it.