Is Beta-talk working?

I haven't been able to get to Beta talk.. Is it just on my side or do any of you have a problem getting in too?

I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued, hasn't work in several months for me.

There is also a Beta Section over at KTMTalk, check it out.

I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued, hasn't work in several months for me.

There is also a Beta Section over at KTMTalk, check it out.

Isn't that kinda like selling alcohol out of an AA tent? &%$#@!!

Isn't that kinda like selling alcohol out of an AA tent? &%$#@!!

In Hawaii Ktm's don't rule. They are good bikes but not dominant by any means...actually there are a bunch that still ride a wide variety of bikes and 2 strokes are still preferred ...yz's,cr's , gasgas, kx, suzuki, ...and whatever including 4 strokes here and there too..Beta..wrf's etc.. I do hear of a bunch of ktm flack on threads though. It's curious to me. It's almost like how guys talk about quads.. but even quads here aren't spoken so negatively of. It's more like...why buy a quad? you're limiting where you can ride. but no negativity added. It's a different story online.

Oh, that Beta Talk. I was thinking of the previous www.betatalk.com.

There's definitely a mix of bikes here. But the riding area is definitely turning orange IMO.....Although a few of them are turning Beta.

Oh, that Beta Talk. I was thinking of the previous www.betatalk.com.

There's definitely a mix of bikes here. But the riding area is definitely turning orange IMO.....Although a few of them are turning Beta.

The ktm 200's for 13' seem to be a hot item and the 300's have been a big seller for orange for a long time.Those are proven great bikes. I haven't been to the park in a while so I guess I'm still seeing the old mix of bikes in the trails..and yea more Beta's are out there. The reputation is proving itself . it's Interesting to see the new Beta 300 and the ktm 500 running up and up for bike of the year for dirtrider.. i think. I don't know if that's really an accurate choice.. but it's great that those are in the running. There are still a bunch of great bikes..including the gasgas and ktm 2 stroke etc that to me are all in the running depending on what you want.

The new Beta 300 did indeed win BOTY in the current issue of Dirt Rider.

The new Beta 300 did indeed win BOTY in the current issue of Dirt Rider.

Thanks for the update. I always seem to get my mags after everyone else.

That's pretty amazing for any bike company let alone a smaller company like Beta to win this year with a 2 stroke and win with the 4 stroke earlier and consistently be reviewed exceptionally well all the way through.

I mean really the press is ridiculously positive. It's like dream reviews for the whole line of bikes.. not just for one or 2.. Every bike tested has awesome reviews.

http://www.americanbeta.com/node/729

http://twostrokemotocross.com/forum/general-two-stroke-talk/bike-of-the-year-beta-300rr/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By pat22043
      I just picked up my 2018 Beta Evo 200. The dealer included a few things in the box, such as the owners manual CD, a liter of premix oil, the rest of a liter of tranny oil, and a horn and a speedometer.
      Why in the world do they included the horn and speedo? The horn looks to be barely worthy of a kid's toy car, and the speedo might work on a bicycle. Why not skip those two valuable parts and lower the price of the bike by a huge amount, say $5?
      Does anyone have a use for them?
    • By Nkz
      This is my first post so hopefully I have this in the right area.
      So I'm looking to buy a new bike in a few months and can't decide what Beta to buy. I am going between an xtrainer, a 300rr or the 390rs. I know they have slightly different areas that they excel. I am coming from a 1998 xr400 and an xr250. My question is do any of these new bikes I am looking at have good off idle torque, like slow speed tractor torque. Both my xr's could chug along and climb almost anything but they are heavy and getting older. I dabbled in trials for a bit so I really like the low end pull of thoses 2 strokes, but I also have had a few mx bikes that had nothing down low. What are the beta 2 stokes like. Also does the 390 have a pretty low first gear if I go the 4 stroke route. I ride some pretty rough single track in Georgetown ca if anyone is familiar with that. Lots of switch backs and no room to get speed over some of the obstacles. I am more of a technical rider, don't do much high speed stuff so I'm not to worried about the soft suspension of the xtrainer. 
      For backround I am 200 lbs, 6ft, I'm a decent rider but don't race or anything. I have had loads of Japanese bikes and I am wanting to try out a European enduro, this would be my first new bike. Hope the post isn't to long. Thanks
    • By Penny610
      Up for sale Ohlins  TTX shock and RXF48mm forks & Brembo front brake assembly off of a 2015 Beta  250rr. They are from the Boana racing team, sprung for a 175lb rider. This is a great opportunity to grab a very rare Ohlins set up for your Beta! I am a 145lbs, so unfortunately I don't have the money to have them set up for me, I am just looking to get my money back. I was really looking forward to using them, but some times life gets the best of you, lol. Hope they go to a good home, where someone will get use out of them! 

SOLD SOLD SOLD
    • By Jay_112
      Hey all,
      My name is Jay and i'm new to the forum community but not new to the sport. However I have reached my limit with my expertise and am hoping some of you may be of some help. Without further ado...
        I've stuck to a track most my life, I.E. Motocross, arena cross and outdoor national style tracks. I've made the difficult decision to leave to tracks to the young guns and ride more single track and trail riding up in the mountains. So i started by selling me Factory SLM racing 2012 Yz450F, yes i cried when he drove off with her. But i looked to greener pastures with hopes to have a KTM 500exc, Beta 500rr-s or a Husqvarna FE501. However, almost a year later and I still don't have a shiny new dirt magnet in my shop. I'm in the final deliberations and have narrowed it between KTM and BETA, with me leaning towards the BETA. This is where you come in.
      I would like to know the following.
      Is the Beta service intervals as daunting as the KTM's?
      Is the cost of parts between the two noticeable? And are the just as readily available?
      Those that have a 2017 of either bike, How are they holding up? Can I expect this bike to hold up like a 1985 XR250 (An almost impossible feat)?
      What are any major concerns about either bike?
      and finally what made you choose one or the other?

Thank you for your efforts and advice. I appreciate it.

• By MotoXRacer_19
      Hi guys, probably a stupid question here, but I figure you can never be too safe. I have some Motorex 15w-50 from my 2010 KTM 250 XC (which I sold) and I was wondering if it would be okay to run in my 2014 KTM 350 XC-F which calls for Motorex 10w-50? What would be the side effects of running a 15w-50 instead of a 10w-50?
      Also, if you have any suggestions of good oil to run, please feel free to recommend it and give your reasons why.
      Thanks guys.
      (Attached is my 350)