what do you think of this m101 hauler/ camper

Still working on it but its almost ready for its first trip. I thinks its real cool ,but hey ,I would. Others have given mixed reviews. I call it my ZOMBIE RESPONSE TRAILER. What do you think?

20130413_165656.jpg

20130421_193434.jpg20130421_193356.jpg20130413_195259.jpg

That is sweet.

Mixed reviews about what?? It's awesomeness??

I think they were jealous they didn't have one. If you don't actually drag it off road It's kinda wasteful and impractical due to the super high floor level compared to a traditional enclosed trailer. That's the only real downside I see. It's not any higher then a pickup bed at least so loading shouldn't be too bad.

I think its cool :ride:

Love it! :thumbsup:

Really sweet!

Very Nice Setup!!!! Maybe you can get one of these to pull it...M15a half track. My buddy just bought one (stock photo) yesterday, for what reason I have no idea...

BryanM15a1-Optimized.jpg

:smirk: Oh man thats my kind of pickup! Thanks for the idea!........ It would probably only hold 2 bikes in the back with the 50cal. but you never know when you might need a 50cal. , not to mention some 1/2 inch steel plate......haha..... thats great ...my wife now understands I am not the only one...

Hans-

How do you like the Tepui? I spent a Saturday morning a few weeks ago helping my buddy put one on his Tacoma. Seemed really nice and high quality, but the mounting hardware was SH*T. He's a little guy, and he mounted it to the stock roof rack. My big *ss would crush the roof of the truck and my feet would stick out the side of Tepui if I climbed up into it. It seemed really high quality otherwise and it looks like yours is a substantially larger version. Has bad*ss offroad all over it!

Bryan

Edited by Big Pollock

Man that is . Simply awesome .

Hans-How do you like the Tepui? I spent a Saturday morning a few weeks ago helping my buddy put one on his Tacoma. Seemed really nice and high quality, but the mounting hardware was SH*T. He's a little guy, and he mounted it to the stock roof rack. My big *ss would crush the roof of the truck and my feet would stick out the side of Tepui if I climbed up into it. It seemed really high quality otherwise and it looks like yours is a substantially larger version. Has bad*ss offroad all over it!Bryan
So far I like it but I have not field tested it yet. This weekend I am traveling to north Ga. to a place called Duramtown Plantation to ride. I have put the tent up and down about a dozen times adjusting fitment and such. It seems to stretch out or wear in and smooth out a little more each time. I have it mounted so high up the annex door is now a window. I was worried when I ordered it cause I have never seen one in person but liked the idea of sleeping out of the trailer and in the penthouse. I want to go out west in this rig in a year or so and do some exploring! I idea was to build something large enough that a friend or two could come along with their bikes and gear.Its like having three rooms and a covered awning! Thanks !!! Edited by hansrober

Thanks for all the positive comments! I get a lot people who just don't get it. Whats not to get ? Its cool,easy to touch up and paint, useful, fun, military tuff ,sweet awesome and as Bryan said above Bad *ss. But then again maybe you guys are just more positive or just have great taste in trailers.... :doh:

Edited by hansrober

That thing is hideous and is pointless... syyych. Who ever gave that a "mixed" review is to be considered YUPPIE SCUM from now on. That is an awesome job you have done. You need to show that shit OFF! The only thing that would make it more awesome would be giving it to me. Aside from that it is cool Does it come with A/C?

Edited by elpato

oh and if it is to be considered your "ZOMBIE RESPONSE TRAILER" then it needs a generator and flood lights all around. FACT- zombies don't like light, or was it vampires? Either way that thing needs LOTS O' LIGHTS.

Carry on.

oh and if it is to be considered your "ZOMBIE RESPONSE TRAILER" then it needs a generator and flood lights all around. FACT- zombies don't like light, or was it vampires? Either way that thing needs LOTS O' LIGHTS.

Carry on.

10-4 the lights are in the works, I have LEDs 360 degrees around the jeep...hehe. It could always be my ZOMBIE RETREAT TRAILER if the response thing doesn't work out.....no a/c but might need it and an ice maker here in Florida...summers coming

Very Cool.

20130504_073017.jpgheres some pictures camping this weekend at Carolina Atv Adventure World in South Carolina. We got there on friday trying to beat all the rain in the south east. We forgot the tent stakes so you can kind of see the lower part of the tent being wind blown. They had 25-30 mph winds up there that night. Everything held together great. Fun park to ride. Very friendly folks up there. This thing really tows well. This was the first long haul loaded and I am very pleased. I have a few improvements in mind, like a hot water shower/bike rinse and propane cylinder mount.

20130504_072928.jpg

20130503_190308.jpg

Love it! I bought a heavy duty trailer axle and springs to build my own off road trailer to pull behind my Eagles. I was going to put the bike sideways in front of the box, but I'm really digging the enclosed trailer idea. The only negative would be if you needed to go down some trails with some low tree limbs. Are you on the Expedition Portal?

Love it! I bought a heavy duty trailer axle and springs to build my own off road trailer to pull behind my Eagles. I was going to put the bike sideways in front of the box, but I'm really digging the enclosed trailer idea. The only negative would be if you needed to go down some trails with some low tree limbs. Are you on the Expedition Portal?

yes I am on EP, lots of good ideas over there. I don't think there is one trailer or rig that will do it all. Most of the time I think this one will work for me...... most of the time. I share your concern about low trees and maybe Mcdonalds drive through.... :banghead: I put it together to be modular so I can reconfigure to whatever misson is at hand. However the more I do to it I feel the lest likely I will want to take it apart. The upper bunk/storage area is movable to balance weight and also removable totally. The whole topper and roof top tent unbolts with about 14 bolts and could be hoisted up to my garage roof using the roof rack. then you have a plain m101a2 lawn/ carry all trailer. The tool box inside has 2 bolts/2 pins holding it in. The more I mess with it the more I like keeping my stuff dry and contained. I like the option of setting up a base camp and going exploring on the bike or the jeep or even both if my pals/wife are along with me. Post some pics of your trailer when you get started. There are so many ways to go with a trailer build. I wanted to build one from scratch but minus the tent I probably have about 2400 in the whole enchilada, mostly stuff from craigslist. I started pricing aluminum and steel and decided to see what I could put together out of stuff others wanted to git rid of. Thanks for the kind words... Edited by hansrober

I bought the axle over a year ago and haven't touched it since. It might be a while. :)