Throttle

When I give it gas it chokes out . . Like you cannot give it alot of gas real quick or it will die

No sure how to fix it ?

What year model is it? Any mods? Old fuel? Did it just suddenly occur or has it always been an issue from day 1?

Edited by Dunny29er

05 Honda crf250r . It's got a full rebuilt carb . And It just started doing it . Got brand new 93 fuel in it . New plug also

05 Honda crf250r . It's got a full rebuilt carb . And It just started doing it . Got brand new 93 fuel in it . New plug also

Did it start happening as soon as you installed the carb after the rebuild?

Yes

Yes

was it just cleaned out or did you change the jets or needles to different sizes, or anything like that, or keep it all the same specs?

Have you verified that you are getting fuel out of the accelerator pump nozzle when you whack the throttle??

Dirtydrew, I'm having a similar problem to the OP. Bike bogs out when I crack it at low rpm. Also it takes 10 or more twists of the throttle before kicking for it to start when cold. How or where can I see if fuel is coming through the AP nozzle? Sorry for the noob question.

Edited by sjvmtb

Mine does the same I need like 5 twists of throttle for it to start when cold. I have the notorious 2008 crf250r though. I wonder what the problem is . Maybe I have the same problem with AP nozzle?

Dirtydrew, I'm having a similar problem to the OP. Bike bogs out when I crack it at low rpm. Also it takes 10 or more twists of the throttle before kicking for it to start when cold. How or where can I see if fuel is coming through the AP nozzle? Sorry for the noob question.

You would have to pull the subframe and air box off so that you can look into the throat of the carb from the air cleaner side.