Worth it or no?

Not to go into great detail here but I may trade off my 2008 yz450f for a 2010 kx450f. The kx has new rebuild and new plastics with decal kit on it..... My yz is in good shape but could use some new decals and has never been rebuilt, but to be fair it's only trail ridden... So doesn't need much attention.

His kx has a full yoshi pipe and header (think that's what he called it) and has billet parts and so on... Long story short is it worth me trading, it will cost me my bike and cash... Nothing wrong with my bike I just like the way his looks... But out of all fairness for the amount of extra cash I am giving him I could re do the looks of my bike too....

In the end... Carbed yz or FI kx?

I personally wouldn't do it. Do you think that bike will really improve your riding that much? I don't follow 450 MX bikes all that much but unless the Yamaha really blew that year I don't see why you would trade.

Edited by GaDRZ400sMan

Well i guess it depends on how much extra he is asking. But I'm guessing that for less money you could give your bike a tune up and a face lift.

Yeah and why is he getting rid of it right after a rebuild? 4 strokes aren't cheap to get rebuilt so why would you spend the time and money to get it done just so you can turn around and sell it. Its pretty easy to say "yeah it was just rebuilt". You wouldn't know unless you took the engine apart when you got it home but then it would be too late anyway.

Yeah and why is he getting rid of it right after a rebuild? 4 strokes aren't cheap to get rebuilt so why would you spend the time and money to get it done just so you can turn around and sell it. Its pretty easy to say "yeah it was just rebuilt". You wouldn't know unless you took the engine apart when you got it home but then it would be too late anyway.

Good point, just save your money and ride what you know isn't broke.

He says 15 hours on rebuild... I'm looking at 1200 and my bike. Starting to feel the same for half that my bike can look new agn... I do like the looks of his... Ad have been wanting to try FI though... Guess I will think it over... Thanks for your thoughts... For some reason I do want to trade just don't know if I should.

There is a reason he wants to trade his FI bike for a carbed bike, maybe the rebuild didn't go very well? I would expect for 1200 bucks your bike would look brand new as well. Or better yet just sell yours and shop for a FI bike.

If you just really like the way his bike looks put $300 into your bike with new plastics and graphics then pocket the extra $800 for when your motor does need rebuilt.

Not really. It is not a big difference in bikes but for cheap you can probably tune your bike and get new plastics. If the extra money is not a whole lot then go for it. If you like your bike now then let the deal go.

Not really. It is not a big difference in bikes but for cheap you can probably tune your bike and get new plastics. If the extra money is not a whole lot then go for it. If you like your bike now then let the deal go.

Post pics of both if possible. Idk if I'd do it. I would talk him down a bit atleast like your bike and 600 or so. But the fuel injected bikes are pretty nice compared to a carved bike but it depends on what you want.. I d keep the yamaha.

If you want your bike to look fresh all new plastics are $100! I just bought an rmz450 and people always ask what year it is and are surprised when I tell em it's a 2006...

Keep the extra cash for when you bike needs a rebuild so you know when your bike has been rebuilt