Sign in to follow this  

Hare scramble

I am joining a hare scramble soon and it's my first time doing an actual race on this bike. Anybody have some tips on performance upgrades or anything like that which would help me?

I am joining a hare scramble soon and it's my first time doing an actual race on this bike. Anybody have some tips on performance upgrades or anything like that which would help me?

It kind of depends on what you want to improve. Power, weight, suspension.

If it's power you want to improve, you can start here. Is the bike currently stock? If so, you could rejet it, unplug the air box,remove the baffle and maybe replace the air filter with a better one like a Uni or Twin Air. That's about the easiest things you can do. They come from the factory lean, so it's a good idea to do that anyway.

For jetting, read through this. If your jetting is stock, you will probably want to go with the "Coeshow" recommendations which is a #120 main jet, #45 pilot jet, and a 03-05 needle depending on the altitude you ride in. You'll find the part numbers listed in there. http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/137569-stickey-jetting-the-230f-power-up-kit/

For jetting, read through this. If your jetting is stock, you will probably want to go with the "Coeshow" recommendations which is a #120 main jet, #45 pilot jet, and a 03-05 needle depending on the altitude you ride in. You'll find the part numbers listed in there. http://www.thumperta...f-power-up-kit/

+1 on that. Pull the intake snorkel and muffler baffle, and re-jet w/ Coeshow specs. Big change for very little $$$.

• Like 1

Also I lost the stock spark arrestor and cannot find one anywhere. I've looked all over the Internet and all I can find is spark arrestor inserts, if I bought one of them will I have to buy an end cap as well? I don't have enough money at the time to buy a slip on or full exhaust.