Hare scramble

I am joining a hare scramble soon and it's my first time doing an actual race on this bike. Anybody have some tips on performance upgrades or anything like that which would help me?

I am joining a hare scramble soon and it's my first time doing an actual race on this bike. Anybody have some tips on performance upgrades or anything like that which would help me?

It kind of depends on what you want to improve. Power, weight, suspension.

If it's power you want to improve, you can start here. Is the bike currently stock? If so, you could rejet it, unplug the air box,remove the baffle and maybe replace the air filter with a better one like a Uni or Twin Air. That's about the easiest things you can do. They come from the factory lean, so it's a good idea to do that anyway.

For jetting, read through this. If your jetting is stock, you will probably want to go with the "Coeshow" recommendations which is a #120 main jet, #45 pilot jet, and a 03-05 needle depending on the altitude you ride in. You'll find the part numbers listed in there. http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/137569-stickey-jetting-the-230f-power-up-kit/

Yeah it's all stock, I got it last year just haven't really had the money to improve.

And thanks

For jetting, read through this. If your jetting is stock, you will probably want to go with the "Coeshow" recommendations which is a #120 main jet, #45 pilot jet, and a 03-05 needle depending on the altitude you ride in. You'll find the part numbers listed in there. http://www.thumperta...f-power-up-kit/

+1 on that. Pull the intake snorkel and muffler baffle, and re-jet w/ Coeshow specs. Big change for very little $$$.

Handgaurds, and new tires. The factory tires are junk.

Be sure you pass any sound checks if you pull your snorkel. Here in CA at District 36 AMA races you need to be under 96 dbs and run a spark arrester.

Yeah it's a HORHS one at sawmill and it's a rule that you have to have a spark arrester.

Also I lost the stock spark arrestor and cannot find one anywhere. I've looked all over the Internet and all I can find is spark arrestor inserts, if I bought one of them will I have to buy an end cap as well? I don't have enough money at the time to buy a slip on or full exhaust.

Call Frank At Engines Only in San Jose. They make an adapter kit that lets you put Supertrap plates on a stock Honda exhaust. Word is it makes the same power as most aftermarket exhaust and it is sound and spark legal with the Forest Service marks even.