liscence plate cracks

so i've been riding my 07 sm for two years now. I recently bought a edge taillight and it's still cracking up the liscence plate.I've ran trough 4 plates in two years since the high vibration of the SSW makes on the plate. Any ideas of what should i do?

Btw Sorry for my bad english i'm a franco-ontarien:P

thanks

buy or make a backing plate and silicone your license plate to it. This is one I made for mine at work, I decided to include a frame while I was at it.

plateframe.jpg

search the site... type in drc edge licence plate plenty of ideas on building backing plates for the edge...

$5 and about 15 minutes.

3C25497D-CF70-4FC6-90E0-BCD528AD6D71-4077-0000028DF67D1FCC.jpg

$5 and about 15 minutes.

Take another 15 and round those corners off before you eat it and gouge yourself on that thing. NO sharp corners on motorcycles!

Everyone is right....a few minutes of ingenuity and maybe five bucks and you can make a bracket to support the plate.

Take another 15 and round those corners off before you eat it and gouge yourself on that thing. NO sharp corners on motorcycles!

Yeah , make it safe

Yeah , make it safe

It's no fun unless its dangerous.

I used aluminum rivets to mount the plate to the backing.

It's no fun unless its dangerous.

Ehhh, It's your femoral artery, not mine...

I know you want a sleeker look but I use mine belt . The mine belt is mounted to whatever plate bracket you have now and the plate it mounted to that. Gives it the chance to give and won't come off