Big Bear Run

California

What does that mean to the people that always ride the event ?

It means that you are eligble for the drawing for the new Husky that they give away at the end of the year

yea, it's on the 22rd and the 23th. Maybe they should have called it the 19nd Annual instead.

I sure am bummed out that there are no roll charts. As much as the "cool factor" of GPS is, Nothing beats a good ol' roll chart. Thankfully some of the events are still using them.

Some people are just going to have to break down and buy a GPS and learn how to use it if they are going to ride this event. The GPS is the way of the future, most events are going to start getting rid of the roll charts and only use GPS. I have at least 200 old roll charts from events in the past that i saved, they might be collectable one day.

I've ridden this a few times and never looked at the roll chart. I only used a GPS.

Chris are you riding it this year?

I've ridden this a few times and never looked at the roll chart. I only used a GPS.

Chris are you riding it this year?

Hey there Ben, Yes I am. I will be doing the Sunday one (working on Saturday). I do agree that GPS is the way to go. Until it breaks LOL. I used my GPS on the Moonlight Madness ride last year and it worked great. I'm still learning to use the darn thing.

Some people are just going to have to break down and buy a GPS and learn how to use it if they are going to ride this event. The GPS is the way of the future, most events are going to start getting rid of the roll charts and only use GPS. I have at least 200 old roll charts from events in the past that i saved, they might be collectable one day.

At the last few club meetings they were mentioning that roll charts are fading out. What's funny is I just bought a really cool MSR roll chart with aluminum knobs to replace my old beat up Moose one.

The GPS is nice for following/ making a "track" or "route". I still like to rely on old fashioned navigation and paper maps……..