2003 RM125 Rebuild

Get a manual. That's the biggest help there is. Also, make sure you bag and label every part you take off and note how it's put on. It may sound weird but take a video of yourself taking it apart and if you get in a bind on a part and where/how it goes in then just roll the video and there you go

But the manual should be a huge help alone. Get it online for like 25 bucks. Your local dealer may even have one.

I keep ziplock baggies and I put the bolts from certain areas in certain bags and label them. Then when I put it back together I know the parts came from a certain area. And also, atleast my 01 rm, recommended drilling two oil holes through the skirt of the piston to lubricate the exhaust bridge on the cylinder.

when you tear the bottom end apart be careful of the gears falling out and when you take the gears out put them on the shafts there on in the order they come off. like MotorNut123 said a manual will help you alot and use ziplock baggies. im gonna have a slide show soon on youtube of my motor rebuild. anyways hope i was help good luck hope it goes good for ya

what i do when i split cases i put rubber bands on the shaft to keep the gears in place, helps make it easier to go back together too, just cut the rubber band once the shafts are in there!. also the shifter pawl is a total PITA, make sure it's clean dry and free of any lubricants while trying to put it back together, makes it SOOOOOOO much easier.

OH and tear down, lay it out on a shop towel covered bench in the order it came apart. then when you go to put it back together, just go in reverse, (the baggie thing helps ALOT too)

Did most of those things, especially the bags helped out. Completely broken down and Found out my crank rod bearing was bad. Got a bottom end coming soon and gonna throw it back together this weekend. I should probably get a manual, but does anybody have torque specs for the case, head, etc?

Did most of those things, especially the bags helped out. Completely broken down and Found out my crank rod bearing was bad. Got a bottom end coming soon and gonna throw it back together this weekend. I should probably get a manual, but does anybody have torque specs for the case, head, etc?

the manual has all the torque specs you need Edited by suzukirider103