2-stroke mixture

hey all,

what ratio and oil are the 2-stroke guys on here running?

hey all,

what ratio and oil are the 2-stroke guys on here running?

I am running the Motul 800 off road that came with the bike. Mine seems to like 3 oz per gallon, easy to mix. 42:1 and with the stock jetting and the Q exhaust at around 600 - 800 ft and temps in the 50s to 60s Fahrenheit it is spot on with a 1/2 turn on the air screw with minimal spooge.

I have always run 50:1 with any synthetic oil

Thanks gents.

I have always run 50:1 with any synthetic oil

That is what I would be running also, but with the Q pipe I was slightly rich off the bottom even with an air screw adjustment so I figured I would try leaning the fuel a tad bit and it was close to perfect. I have a feeling that when it gets hotter I will have to get a smaller pilot and drop the needle or run a high quality inexpensive semi synth like Lucas at 32:1. I know the mantra, don't correct jetting with your mixture, but over the years it is what a lot of us have done. It takes a lot less time and hassle to add more oil in the afternoon that carry and switch out jets.

The richer the mix the leaner the fuel, if you run a 32:1 mix the bike will run leaner and you will get lots of spooge, the oil doesn't burn as a fuel but takes the place of it

I am running the Motul 800 off road that came with the bike. Mine seems to like 3 oz per gallon, easy to mix. 42:1 and with the stock jetting and the Q exhaust at around 600 - 800 ft and temps in the 50s to 60s Fahrenheit it is spot on with a 1/2 turn on the air screw with minimal spooge.

Read your manual.

Recommended ratio is 1.6% and its enough unless you want to produce more smoke.

You may go up to 2%, Tired with mine when new but didn't like it (more smoke, more time to 'clear' its throat from cold).

BTW, std pilot jet is 35.

Read your manual.

Recommended ratio is 1.6% and its enough unless you want to produce more smoke.

You may go up to 2%, Tired with mine when new but didn't like it (more smoke, more time to 'clear' its throat from cold).

BTW, std pilot jet is 35.

2% is 50:1, 1.6% would be a richer mix, for trail riding I would say 50:1 is fine unless there are wide open sections where you have the RPM's higher.

When I would go to the faster areas I would mix at 40:1, but never had any issues at 50:1.

Dirtbird, your bike would smoke more at 2% than at 1.6%? OR is that is just the way I read it.